Flight Plan help needed

I am looking to make "tours" of various cities.

Example, in FSX, I made a "tour" of Jacksonville, started at one airport, got to 1000 ft, and had the entire flight going from one airport to another in the Jacksonville, FL area. It took about an hour, showed me the city and was a blast!

However, each time I try to recreate that in MSFS, I end up failing. I start off from KCRG and my (eventual) destination is KJAX. However, if I add other waypoints, the path becomes very convoluted.

Is there another program/add on which will let me generate a flight plan and let me set my own waypoints without trying to be too helpful?

Hoping this makes sense, lol

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Well, just tried it out, got a flight plan loaded, then tried in the sim. Short version, did not work, looked perfect on the program, but not on the sim.

:)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

The MSFS flight planner can give weird results when adding waypoints. I’ve found it seems to work OK if I make sure to click on the line between the 2 points where I want to add a new waypoint. It highlights that leg and then adds the new point between them.

Give that a try and I hope it works for you.

The MSFS flight planner can give weird results when adding waypoints. I’ve found it seems to work OK if I make sure to click on the line between the 2 points where I want to add a new waypoint. It highlights that leg and then adds the new point between them.

Thanks for the tip, it is useful..

Unfortunately, it did not solve my dilemma :(

Would be happy to, except I do not know how to post screensheets here :)

Here is the screenshot, suppose to be only in Jacksonville (lower right)

Edit-Got it working! Changed the waypoints to airports.

0068.jpg

Edited by davidc2

Sometimes I click a hundred times on a line between two point but it just wouldn't highlight. Anyone else experiencing this?

Little Navmap can do what you want quite easily and then you can export it directly to the sim. I'm currently following Route 66 and some of the waypoints are only 500m (yes metres) apart but the autopilot/G1000 handles them fine (it does occasionally miss one out if there is a series of sharpish turns).

It's an excellent utility which I use all the time - takes a little bit of getting used to but now comes complete with a comprehensive manual. And it's free!

Little Navmap can do what you want quite easily and then you can export it directly to the sim. I'm currently following Route 66 and some of the waypoints are only 500m (yes metres) apart but the autopilot/G1000 handles them fine (it does occasionally miss one out if there is a series of sharpish turns).

It's an excellent utility which I use all the time - takes a little bit of getting used to but now comes complete with a comprehensive manual. And it's free!

Wow!!! There is a lot packed into that program!!!

Thanks!

Wow!!! There is a lot packed into that program!!!

Thanks!

You bet, the developer has put his heart and soul into it and done a cracking job. If you've got a problem he's also quick to reply and help you sort it, even if it's only pointing you to the section in the very comprehensive manual.

I've been using it for a few months now and feel I'm still only scratching the surface!