I'm getting no movement with water. How can I change that?

Hi , I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have been trying to figure out how to make water more realistic. I just took a flight over Honolulu and there was no wave action at all. The waves were there but were all frozen in place. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1903

Alienware Aurora R8 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 9900K (8-Core/16-Thread, 16MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.7GHz on all cores)

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti GDDR6 (Over Clock Ready)

Installed Memory (RAM) 32GB Dual Channel HyperXâ„¢ DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

850W EPA Bronze PSU Liquid Cooled Chassis

Also if you increase the wind speed (after you’ve increased the water waves setting) you should see some big waves.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

There is a setting for Water Waves under the general graphics settings. I assume this is on high or ultra?

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, I've had the water waves always set on high. In my version, there is no ultra. I was expecting the type of wave action that we had on Flight sim X and prior ones. When flying in Hawaii you could follow the waves until they hit the beach leaving foam. With this version, there is really none of that. You see stationary lines of foam that appear to be waves heading to shore, but they never move. You must have some wind or it just looks like a still image, and you need about 25 to 30 mph to notice much movement at all. I like pretty much everything else, but the water is a big disappointment.

Edited by terryleemartin

After playing GTA V, I'm spoiled as to what a realistic ocean looks like...

To make the waves look right with the wind speed in MSFS, makes it too hard to control your aircraft

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro