Please Help with NYC Scenery -- Updated Request!

Last week, I downloaded from flightsim.to and installed an enhancement of New York's Laguardia airport (KLGA), a package that promised improvements to inadequate default bridges (specifically, George Washington and Verrazano-Narrows). I had previously downloaded other sceneries from the developer, "srivasman," and they worked AOK.

But this time: disaster. Not only were the two named bridges much worse than before (no towers!), but much of the rest of the NYC scenery was degraded -- no tall buildings (e.g., the new World Trade tower) south of the Empire State, and virtually all of the shoreline with far less detail than before.

So I removed the new scenery from my Community folder: made no difference. Then (on advice of a forum) I deleted my rolling cache: that made no difference either.

I am attaching 2 pix, taken from about the same spot just N of the Brooklyn Bridge (which has remained unaffected). Note the absence of the WT tower in the bottom pic, and the difference in the shoreline and the buildings.

I guess I need to get back to the default NYC scenery. Can this be done without deleting and reinstalling the whole sim? Also, I believe that one of the mandatory updates included enhancements of North America, after which NYC was VASTLY improved. Is it possible to reinstall that update (and hopefully repair the textures that were damaged, one way or another)?

I'm a native-born New Yorker. This is killing me!

Thanks all,

Mac6737

Brooklyn Bridge 3.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge 4.jpg

Hi, could it be unrelated to installing the addon? Might be worth going into settings...general... Data to check that photo-geometry etc is on.

Of course you could also try repairing flight sim (not resetting as that will wipe it)

If you press your Windows key & start typing Flight.. so that MSFS appears in the list. Click on App Settings and look for repair. Might be worth a try.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi, could it be unrelated to installing the addon? Might be worth going into settings...general... Data to check that photo-geometry etc is on.

Of course you could also try repairing flight sim (not resetting as that will wipe it)

If you press your Windows key & start typing Flight.. so that MSFS appears in the list. Click on App Settings and look for repair. Might be worth a try.

Thanks, Steve.

I tried the Repair function. No effect.

In my Data settings, Photgrammetry is "on," but the entire line is greyed out. Don't know what that means. In any case, all other urban area in the sim look fine. Something about that particular DL, combined with a mandatory update on Jan. 8, corrupted the NYC scenery. I'm afraid the only remedy is a clean reinstall. Infuriating that Adobo did not take into account a need to replace only a handful of texture files.

Thanks, Steve.

I tried the Repair function. No effect.

In my Data settings, Photgrammetry is "on," but the entire line is greyed out. Don't know what that means. In any case, all other urban area in the sim look fine. Something about that particular DL, combined with a mandatory update on Jan. 8, corrupted the NYC scenery. I'm afraid the only remedy is a clean reinstall. Infuriating that Adobo did not take into account a need to replace only a handful of texture files.

It was worth a try, although it’s never worked for me when I’ve had the occasional issue. It’s very quick isn’t it?

How long does it take you to do a reinstall? With me it’s usally about 3 hours for everything, depending on what time of day I start the download.

Odd that Photogrammetry is greyed out. I presume all the online stuff is turned on.. (online functionality)

While looking at my own setup.. just spotted “bing data world graphics” was disabled. I didn’t turn that off!

This seem to change by themselves don’t they?

Hope you manage to sort it, even if you do end up reinstalling

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles