FSX crashes when selecting the Sikorsky S76

CsCsanad

Hello!

I recently re-downloaded the Sikorsky S76A add-on from Rikoooo's website (https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/20/854) I tried it about 7 months ago but deleted it and now I decided to give it an other try.

Now, every time I try to select it from the aircrafts, FSX starts loading like hell and crashes after about 15 seconds...

I checked the comments on Rikoooo, others had the same issue and the "apparent" solution to it was to run FSX as Administrator. I did that, didn't fix the issue. In some other website they suggested to delete and let FSX rebuild the FSX.cfg file. I did that, still crashes...

As far as I remember the first time I tried the add-on, I didn't have this issue.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Intel Core i5 4590

8GB RAM

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks in advance.

-CsCsanad

Did you install the xml module into your FSX? Was there any sound.dll that needed to be in your main FSX folder for cockpit key clicks? I have found if that sound.dll was not installed then a fairly instant crash happens when choosing that aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have an XMLTools.dll in the FSX root folder, so I assume that means yes? As for the sound, I used the automatic installer (as always) so I don't really know where to look for that.

I think it would depend on what the README file stated. I rarely trust an auto-installer to do what it is supposed to do. They tend to make changes to things that cause problems.

I'll take a look at the download just to see what the readme says. Oh, well, nice thought but I can't do it because of the autoinstaller and I don't have a Windows computer.

Look through your Main FSX folder for a file called sound.dll

Edited by mrzippy

OK, kind of running out of options. Have you checked your computer's Events Logs to see if there are any faulting modules associated with the FSX CTD?

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!\cf0\b0\fs20\par

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\\FSX\\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\\FSX\\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Edited by mrzippy

Okay I just checked that...

When I close the program after it crashes, this will show up in the Custom Views -> Administrative Events:

There is an Application Error on 18:36:00 ->

Faulting application name: dxdiag.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1, time stamp: 0xa39c6329

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x5f641e44

Fault offset: 0x0005a74e

Faulting process id: 0x4bb4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e9d28f179e9c

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\dxdiag.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: b6a41815-c0dc-4189-aeba-fe2eef9de19d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And after that there is an Application Hang at 18:36:02 ->

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.62615.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 3a54

Start Time: 01d6e9d0f8343c28

Termination Time: 35

Application Path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Report Id: 7056b9fa-0db9-4905-96c1-159a518d32e6

Hang type: Cross-process

The problem seems to be with DxDiag.exe and not FSX but it has to be FSX-releated...

Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but sometimes after the crash, this will show up in the Windows logs -> Application:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab5

Fault offset: 0x00100043

Faulting process id: 0x2afc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e9b533429f06

Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\API.DLL

Report Id: 0435d757-06c4-4097-a2fc-b0ce4bc02748

Do these contain anything helpful?

Not all that helpful. Knowing that you have the Steam edition, I would try verify the cache for FSX.

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account

2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen

3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen

4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu

5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box

6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu

7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options

8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download

9. Restart Steam

10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

159 files were reaquired, but it still crashes the game....

Quick question....are you entering the same airport every time? If so,maybe try a different airport, a default one. If this also fails, I'm up the creek without a paddle on what to suggest next!

Every time I tried to load the helicopter, I tried it at a default airport.

I also realized that I didn't delete the add-on back in June, I just copied the model folders from the Simobjects>Rotorcraft folder to a folder in the desktop... I thought that could be the issue but when I installed the add-on this morning, it uninstalled the leftover files from the effects and sound folders so it was a clean install.

Just to make sure it's not an issue with the developer's add-on's, I tried the EC-120 Colibri made by Nemeth Designs (the same guys who made the Sikorsky). It works with no problems at all...

I'm thinking of asking Rikoooo or even Nemeth Designs about it, maybe they know something we don't.