Problem (blank page displayed) When Posting

lnuss

Twice today, when I posted to an existing thread, I went through composing the post just fine, and previewing worked great, but when I submitted the post my WaterFox browser just hung after clearing the page, and didn't show the new version of the thread, merely a blank page. I opened a new tab on the browser to post this one, and I could see that the submission took (the new post was there) but on the original tab I had a blank page showing a URL as below. The last one showed the URL it was hanging on as:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?328764-Elevator-Sensitivity&p=2143426#post2143426

Later: Sure 'nuff, submitting this one did the same thing.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks, Rick.

Addendum -- it happened on this post, too. BTW, today is the first time it's happened. It can be lived with, but it's awkward.

Edited by lnuss

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Thanks, Rick.

Addendum -- it happened on this post, too. BTW, today is the first time it's happened. It can be lived with, but it's awkward.

Have you tried logging out, clearing the browser cache and cookies, and logging back in?

• 2 weeks later...
I just tested it in Chrome and Firefox and it looks normal here.......

I just discovered that the link from the main forum page that lists New Posts in the sidebar also left me on a blank page when I clicked on it. Then I discovered that I had not allowed Java Script on ajax.googleapis.com, which cured the link problem. It also cured the blank page after posting. Apparently there were some changes to the forum software between the previous post (a few days before) and the one I complained about.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say: