Has anybody else had problems with their Logitech Throttle Quadrent?

Update:

I received my replacement yesterday and the first thing I did was look at the signal in sensitivities and sure enough the new quadrant has the jitters too. But this time when I flew the plane the jitter didn't come through and affect the elevator trim tab (my main purpose in buying the quadrant was to bring elevator trim under control). The throttle is OK and I haven't used the middle lever for anything yet. So it works and I'll stay with it.

I still have my old i7-2600K system and when I hooked the first quadrant to that system, the jitter happened there too, I'm glad to hear that you have also seen jitter, that confirms my belief that jitter exists in all these quadrants. I sprayed the first (brand new) quadrant with tuner cleaner and that did nothing.

I'm an electronics type and I may yet solder in a filter capacitor on the 5V power that feeds the logic in the quadrant; the jitter is not a design feature, it is a bug, whether Logitech would ever admit it or not. And it's not coming from my PC or the sim software, I'm sure of that.

Thanks for responding Robin.

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Just a wild thunk, though I have the Logitech quadrant and have never seen any jitters. Try plugging the quadrant into a separate USB port on your PC, rather than the port on the yoke?

I dunno, just spit-balling an idea.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I was wrong about that, The elevator trim is fluttering again, a little less with this new quadrant, but it's still doing it.

I'm flying the 172, returning to an airport and the tail of the plane is bouncing up and down. It did it on the way out but I thought that Asobo was just throwing in some turbulence; but that isn't the case. I paused the return flight and switched elevator trim assignments to remove the quadrant from the picture and now the plane flies stable as a rock.

On the original quadrant, just sitting on the runway before takeoff, I could watch the trim tab flutter with external view. I'm not going to bother doing that now, I can see the results of the flutter in flight.

I did about five minutes research into Logitech tech support last week and I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing. Does anybody here know how to get through to them about an issue like this?

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Randy would you do this:

Open the sensitivities screen for the quadrant and observe the dots for the three slider controls and notice if they all are dead stable or if they wiggle a bit. The rightmost control had the most wiggle in my first quadrant, on the new one they all three have about the same amount of wiggle.

BTW

I have used different USB ports and have used two different computers, all with the same result.

I'm in the sim right now - NO movement of any kind on the dots - they are all solid as a rock for all three levers on the throttle quadrant - X, Y and Z axis. Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I have kinda/sorta read through this and I have two comments about the Saitek/Logitek Throttle Quadrants. One is that the Saitek?Logitek (same thing) devices don't like USB 3. They prefer USB 2 for some reason. Two - I bought the Yoke/Quadrant combination years ago and the first quadrant never worked. It was all over the place. I bought two USB replacements and paired them. They worked well for years until they just quit. When they would spike, I would just move the levers up and down many times to clean them. I took the original one apart (didn't work anyway) and would never suggest doing that... almost impossible to reach the pots without destroying the device. I did have some luck just spraying a LITTLE contact cleaner down beside the lever and working it a little, but the last time I did that was the time it quit. I replaced them with the CH Products quadrant and it works fine, but I liked the longer levers on the Saitek (more precise control).

Based on Randy's reply, I'm going to assume that Logitech has shipped a bad batch of quadrants that are sitting on Amazon's shelf, so I'm going to return this one and buy a used one that's listed on E-bay (it's only a few bucks more than a brand new one!).

The CH products quadrant will be the next step if this doesn't solve the problem.