Has anybody else had problems with their Logitech Throttle Quadrent?

I received mine from Amazon yesterday and the output of the three main controls is jittery. It tried to use one of them for elevator trim but the plane became uncontrollable. Back on the ground I could see the trim tab wobbling. I went to sensitivities and the ball was jittering there too. I thought it was OK when I first set up sensitivities, I think I would have noticed the jitter, now all three controls are doing it, as if it has progressed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Can’t say I’m noticed this with mine. Just a thought.. have you calibrated it within Windows?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Yes, actually I did it after I posted. It's still the same although the calibration went OK.

But there was one thing that popped up during calibration. Under advanced settings it asked which dvice i wanted to use for old programs, the quadrant or the Thrustmaster Joystick. I don't have any "old" programs, but the question puzzles me. I selected the quadrant and everything still works.

EDIT: It's still doing it, but it seems to be better. I did a mountain flight and the elevator was workable under the control of the quadrant.

Edited by sfojimbo
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I have one of these and it was jittery in FSX as well. I suspect that a strip down, clean and lube would probably fix it. They are fairly poir quality products in my experience though not to bad when new, they don't seem to last too well.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have one of these and it was jittery in FSX as well. I suspect that a strip down, clean and lube would probably fix it. They are fairly poir quality products in my experience though not to bad when new, they don't seem to last too well.

You might be right. Mine is less than a year old & of course I won’t need it once my Honeycomb Bravo arrives next year :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I would contact Amazon and the seller - it IS always possible you simply received a faulty unit. I have every confidence Amazon will make things right. I've returned items in the past and received swift credit or replacement.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I would contact Amazon and the seller - it IS always possible you simply received a faulty unit. I have every confidence Amazon will make things right. I've returned items in the past and received swift credit or replacement.

I agree Randy. I’ve only just noticed that his throttles are brand new. Yes, I would get in touch with Amazon as it looks like they could be faulty.

on a side note.. I actually spoke to Amazon myself today regarding my Bravo Throttles (ordered last May!) and apparently they are due for release 23rd Jan.. so nearly there :)

Regards

Steve

"Sometimes" troubleshooting issues comes down to the simplest cause. I WELL remember the near full hour I spent MANY years ago troubleshooting a living room lamp............ only to finally notice the durn thing wasn't plugged in.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

"Sometimes" troubleshooting issues comes down to the simplest cause. I WELL remember the near full hour I spent MANY years ago troubleshooting a living room lamp............ only to finally notice the durn thing wasn't plugged in.

Done the same myself. Forgot to check a fuse once and had an oven apart before I realised my error. My wife has asked me to fix her electrical items a few times when they just needed to be plugged in or switched on :)

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I am beginning to suspect that the problem is with the sim, not the quadrant. In any event it's nothing to do with elevator control, I have just assigned that to a slider on my Honeycomb joystick which I used to use as the throttle and I'm going to stay with that.

Now when I look at the quadrant sensitivities, the leftmost control is stable (throttle) but the other two are jittery and one of them is unassigned. I would prefer to ask Logitech tech support if they've seen this before, but I kinda doubt there is any such thing. Does anybody know if Logitech is responsive?

I don't want to return the quadrant if at all possible, because I don't think the quadrant is the problem.

As an aside, beware when assigning elevator axis control, there are two elevator axis aommands, one is 0 to 100% and the other is -100% to +100%, and the 0 to 100% doesn't work at all with a slider control. I wasted some time on that.

I don’t know how good Logitech are at replying but I hope you get it sorted

One question though... you are using your Honeycomb Joystick which you used to use as a throttle?

I presume the brand is a typo?

Regards

Steve

yea, a typo; it is a Thrustmaster T16000M, which has a slider on it's front that worked OK for a throttle. The quadrant is a better solution though.

I got the brand names mixed up.

No worries, just confused me for a moment there :)

Regards

Steve

After much time spent on spraying with tuner cleaner and swapping assignments, I've initiated a return with Amazon. These things are in short supply so it will be interesting to see how long this takes.

I can see that it will work for throttle, prop pitch and elevator trim if I get one that works.

After much time spent on spraying with tuner cleaner and swapping assignments, I've initiated a return with Amazon. These things are in short supply so it will be interesting to see how long this takes.

I can see that it will work for throttle, prop pitch and elevator trim if I get one that works.

Hope you get a quick turnaround... but they are saying “currently unavailable” as I’m sure you’ll already know.

Good luck

Regards

Steve

I received mine from Amazon yesterday and the output of the three main controls is jittery. It tried to use one of them for elevator trim but the plane became uncontrollable. Back on the ground I could see the trim tab wobbling. I went to sensitivities and the ball was jittering there too. I thought it was OK when I first set up sensitivities, I think I would have noticed the jitter, now all three controls are doing it, as if it has progressed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Mine has always worked perfect.

Hope you get a quick turnaround... but they are saying “currently unavailable” as I’m sure you’ll already know.

Good luck

Regards

Steve

When I ordered it (Dec 30th) they had different price offerings; I picked the cheapest at $59. The receive date was mid March. It arrived on Jan 9th.

The dirty dogs have plenty of them but are holding out for higher prices.

I have mine, it took me some time to get the assignments set like I want them. I'm still working with the sensitivities but its much better. I have just ordered the rudder pedals to go with the set. I find it is a work in progress. If I can help with settings and such just ask and I will post what I have.

AD

What I still wonder is whether jitter in the output is a common issue with these quadrants. In the one I just sent back, the rightmost control the one that is normally assigned to mixture, had the most jitter, the one in the middle also had jitter but not as much; however the one on the left, the throttle, was stable at least I didn't notice any jitter either at the joy.cpl or sensitivities screens. I did switch assignments around and the jitter stayed with the middle and right sticks.

I happen to still have my old system available and the quadrant showed similar jitter on that computer too.

I want to use my rightmost control for the elevator trim and that has to be 100% stable or the plane is uncontrollable. I am wondering whether all these quadrants have jitter, but because the two rightmost controls are usually used for prop pitch and mixture, the jitter hasn't caused any problems for anyone else.

The joy.cpl function didn't work well for me although it isn't the cause of the jitter I'm sure. Joy.cpl doesn't match the quadrant; it sees the rightmost control as a slider but the left and middle control as a single joystick, if I remember correctly, it didn't go through the calibration for the left control at all, but since that one worked OK for me anyway, it hasn't been an issue for me.

I suspect that when my replacement gets here it's going to have the same problem. I bet the design really needs a filter capacitor for the power inside the quadrant.

How can adjusting sensitivities correct for jitter?

If the signal is bouncing up and down in strength or intensity, it is going to make whatever it is controlling shimmy or wiggle or whatever. In the case of an elevator trim tab, the tab vibrates up and down and the tail of the plane does the same.

How can adjusting sensitivities correct for jitter?

Jitter is caused by controller inputs 'chattering', or sending signals while usually still in the neutral position.

Increasing the 'dead zone' percentage can eliminate this 'chatter'.

I increased the neutral dead zones to 10% on my flight control axes and that cured the problem for me.

Having said that, I have a CH Flight Sim Yoke with a built-in throttle quadrant which hasn't (yet) had the jitters and I've left the dead zones on the throttle, prop and mixture axes at 0%.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well that sounds like a faulty quadrant. Check on the manufacturers forums and submit a ticket if necessary, if it can't be fixed it should be replaced under warranty.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64