FS2020 Question

IF I understand your question correctly? When you load the sim it automatically checks for any updates and links you to the site from which you can then download and install them. It's a very painless process.

Many suggest buying direct from the Microsoft store, so that's where I got mine. With over 2 million copies sold to date I'd say it's pretty much out of the original "Beta" phase, though we are indeed not unlike an army of 2 million 'testers' when it comes to finding any potential bugs and glitches not caused by our own unfamiliarity, hardware or internet connections.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

BLehman...

Nope. It will never be complete. Because just like reality, it's always changing.

If you want software that is done and will not be updated, buy something else. I would suggest MicroSoft Links 2003. It hasn't been updated since 2009. That would be a good choice for someone of your capabilities.

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

“I would suggest MicroSoft Links 2003. It hasn't been updated since 2009. That would be a good choice for someone of your capabilities.”

- Not sure that was called for.

The sim is not in beta stage but it is constantly being updated as you already know. The most recent update for example gave us VR. The next will add more scenery to the UK. They will (hopefully) keep updating it for years to come.

If you’re in any doubt then why not sign up to the Xbox game pass for a month. It’ll only cost you a £1 / $1 ad you’ll get the standard edition free for a month (& then you can cancel the subscription)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You mean to tell me that they NEVER update the golf clubs or ball textures for Microsoft Links?

Well, I'm not getting it then :mad:

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I love MSFS and think its a great game/sim. It is much improved from FSX and yes it has bugs in it. There are fixes and updates being delivered every few weeks. Take programs like MS Office, its ever changing and being updated, MSFS is like it in that its ever changing. I wish MS would update Bing maps a bit more often than 6 years.

AD

“I would suggest MicroSoft Links 2003. It hasn't been updated since 2009. That would be a good choice for someone of your capabilities.”

- Not sure that was called for.

you may be right. But if you ask a smart-ass question, you should expect a smart-ass answer.

The question he asks is an attempt to stir things up, just like all the "I'm thru with MSFS" posts a couple months ago. It is meant to pit haters against fan-boys. It should be ignored.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

you may be right. But if you ask a smart-ass question, you should expect a smart-ass answer.

The question he asks is an attempt to stir things up, just like all the "I'm thru with MSFS" posts a couple months ago. It is meant to pit haters against fan-boys. It should be ignored.

Ok, fair comment.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles