Rocky Mountains “Sawtooth� Weekend Achievement Flights

zoolander64

What: Rocky Mountains “Sawtooth” Weekend Achievement Flights

When: Saturdays, Starting Jan 16th, 8am PST, 11am EST, 1600 UTC

Where: TeamSpeak3, connect to ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Additional Info: http://www.digitalthemepark.com

*** Earn your next FlightSim.com/DigitalThemePark achievement badge ***

Join us for group flights in Microsoft Flight Simulator, P3D, FSX, or X-Plane following rivers and valleys in Idaho and Montana. If you already have the "Sawtooth" achievement, you may want to fly these again. Phil "Griphos" over at DigitalThemePark has revamped these flights. You will want to consider your aircraft of choice carefully!

Welcome to the Rocky Mountains “Sawtooth” Achievement Flights set in beautiful central Idaho. This set of flights will tour, at below canyon rim level, the many scenic and narrow river canyons in this area, including the canyons of the Salmon, Snake and Yellowstone Rivers.

This is a bush country route. Some of the backcountry strips are extremely challenging: very short with difficult approaches. This calls for your best bush plane. You will need a plane that can take off and land in strips of as little as 1200 feet, climb to 10,000 feet occasionally, and, ideally, cruise around 100 kts, at least for the later legs.

Note: We suggest getting connected before the event in order to make sure your headset fully works, and familiar with TeamSpeak. Download TeamSpeak at http://www.teamspeak.com

-Todd, aka Zoolander64

Check out Flightsim.com "live" events and DigitalThemePark

Hi Everyone,

Until reading the post today at Flightsim.com, I had not heard of your website and bush flying projects. To be honest, as much as I would like to join one of your MPs, the flight times do not work for me, or conflict with MP flights at my VA, dc3airways.net.

But, I do enjoy bush flying and tackled one of your flight plans which I loaded from Skyvector into Little Nav Map. When flying single engine, I normally pilot the A2A Cessna 182. But, I figured I would need something more nimble, so got into the left hand seat of my Mooney Bravo inside P3D V5.1.

This was a hoot, twisting and turning over and around peaks, following a winding river, and enjoying spectacular scenery. Active Sky live weather gave me a beautiful environment.

Bottom line is that while I may not fly with you as a group, I do want to express a grateful thank your for having access to your flight plans.

2021-1-15_15-16-38-233.jpg

Sherm

Greetings Sherm,

Wow! Really glad to hear this. Thanks for sharing. "Griphos" did a great job at taking our existing flights and recreating new ones. It really adds life to the older achievement. Maybe someday we can get you in the FlightSim.com/DTP TeamSpeak to meet some of the folks when you have a bit of open time.

Just as an FYI, I added you to the Achievement database. When you do a flight just ping me on TeamSpeak or send me a private IM that you completed a leg.

-Zoo

-Todd, aka Zoolander64

Check out Flightsim.com "live" events and DigitalThemePark

• 2 months later...
Greetings Sherm,

Wow! Really glad to hear this. Thanks for sharing. "Griphos" did a great job at taking our existing flights and recreating new ones. It really adds life to the older achievement. Maybe someday we can get you in the FlightSim.com/DTP TeamSpeak to meet some of the folks when you have a bit of open time.

Just as an FYI, I added you to the Achievement database. When you do a flight just ping me on TeamSpeak or send me a private IM that you completed a leg.

-Zoo

thanks Zoo,

As I wrote above, I have been very busy with my VA DC3Airways....with three or four MPs each week. Anything more than that, and I am looking at divorce court...:-). Seriously, I don't know that I will have much time to fly with you on MP, but, I will fly your routes as time and circumstance permit. Thanks.

Sherm

• 2 weeks later...

Second to last SAWTOOTH flight is this morning. What blast this has been. Great friends on DigitaThemePark.com and just amazing scenery in the Snake River, Titons. These group flights usually last around 1 hour and we try to fly real weather but sometimes in the mountains it is tough.

Please give it a try or just visit and perhaps join in the next adventure exploring different places in MSFS2020.

TomSWFL