Please recommend a 27" monitor

You probably won't believe this, but I'm still using CRT monitors in 2021!

I bought a Hitachi CM1797 (17") in 1994 that refuses to die (OMG 28 years old!). Later bought a Hitachi CM821 (21") in 2002 that started having issues, so rather then fix it, I lugged its 70 lbs ass to the recycler.

I am interested in a 27" led but have never owned one before and would like some recommendations. Samsung? LG? Other?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I prefer the curved HD monitor with normal aspect ratio to a curved ultra-wide one or any flat screen, and IMHO get as large as your budget will allow for the most 'immersion'.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I prefer the curved HD monitor with normal aspect ratio to a curved ultra-wide one or any flat screen, and IMHO get as large as your budget will allow for the most 'immersion'.

Where can you find a "normal aspect ratio" (assuming 4:3) anymore? All I can find is widescreen.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I may be misusing the term? I'm just a geezer with new-fangled electric toys, I ain't no techie ner nuthin' - LOL.

I don't personally care for the "Ultra-Wide" monitor 'look' with a short but very wide screen. I prefer the slightly taller screen.

I suspect it's a potayto-potahto situation and related to the type of games I play. Pretty much just Flight Sim and the 1st person puzzle genre with games like Myst and House of Da Vinci. NO interest in the 'shooter' or 'online team' games.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Where can you find a "normal aspect ratio" (assuming 4:3) anymore? All I can find is widescreen.

These days normal usually refers to the 16:9 aspect ratio that most monitors use, for better or worse (worse in my opinion). You're more likely to find a 16:10 aspect ratio monitor, which are more like a widened 4:3, than the older 4:3 type. Look for 1920x1200 or 256x1600 resolution models, though many are professional models aimed at graphics work, not gaming. For comparison, a 16:9 full HD monitor would be 1920x1080.

SO MANY CHOICES! This was the hardest thing to decide on of any computer part. It was making my brain hurt :)

I have my collection of 7 computers I've put together over the years, 3 have a VGA only output. The rest have a mixture of DVI-I/HDMI/Displayport.

It would be easy if the LED monitors I've seen have a DVI-I port (Digital/Analog) but most are HDMI/VGA or they are HDMI/Displayport.

So decided to get a general use 27" HDMI/VGA so I can use it with anyone of them. Will have to get HDMI to DVI adapters for some. And when we get are $2,000 checks from Mr Biden, will spring for a 32" or larger gaming monitor for the one's that support it.

Most monitors now are 16:9, which is the same aspect ratio as a larger flat panel HD television. 16:9 includes 1920x1080, 2560x1440, and 3840x2160 resolutions. IS there a particular resolution you had in mind?

Your graphics card supports G-Sync, which is a variable refresh rate technology and can make flight sims and games smoother. So a higher refresh rate G-Sync or G-Sync compatible monitor is a consideration.

Also, you want to be sure that whatever monitor you are getting has the same connectors as your graphics card. Your signature says Nvidia Titan X, so that shouldn't be an issue since most monitors now have both HDMI connectors and Displayport connectors.

Most monitors now are 16:9, which is the same aspect ratio as a larger flat panel HD television. 16:9 includes 1920x1080, 2560x1440, and 3840x2160 resolutions. IS there a particular resolution you had in mind?

Your graphics card supports G-Sync, which is a variable refresh rate technology and can make flight sims and games smoother. So a higher refresh rate G-Sync or G-Sync compatible monitor is a consideration.

Also, you want to be sure that whatever monitor you are getting has the same connectors as your graphics card. Your signature says Nvidia Titan X, so that shouldn't be an issue since most monitors now have both HDMI connectors and Displayport connectors.

I'm familiar with resolutions and such but thanks for for the heads up on G-Sync. I thought my Titan X (980 series Maxwell) was too old to support it so I was only considering it for future GPU purchases. However I see it is only partially supported for all of G-Sync features.

For now I ordered a Acer Nitro VG270 27" 1080P/75Hz for general use. It only has AMD Freesync though. Chose it because it has x2 HDMI and x1 VGA ports so I can use it with all my computers. Will have to get some DVI-D to HDMI adapters.

Really would like to get a 75" MicroLED TV to game on. But will have to wait for the price to drop when they come out.

For now I ordered a Acer Nitro VG270 27" 1080P/75Hz for general use. It only has AMD Freesync though. Chose it because it has x2 HDMI and x1 VGA ports so I can use it with all my computers. Will have to get some DVI-D to HDMI adapters.

I'm not sure of the compatibility with older Nvidia cards, but with some Nvidia cards, you can enable G-Sync on freesync monitors now. I'm not sure at what generation the G-Sync compatibility with freesync ends.

According to this...

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/supported-graphics-cards/

You need a Pascal (1080 series) or greater for G-Sync to work with AMD FreeSync, leaves me out.