Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random stuttering every few seconds

Quote Originally Posted by c.r36156636 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies everyone ! I first humoured Skywatcher12 and removed FSUIPC which didn’t have any effect but thank you for the suggestion.
    lol

Thanks. I did think it was anti virus as I said in this case but if it wasn't, then my suggestion might've been a great one!
    Mark Daniels

Sorry folks one last question... Having sorted the original stuttering issue, I purchased Active Sky 16 and surprise surprise the stuttering is back. I have made sure there is an exclusion in the anti-virus for the AS16 program folder. And tried removing all my addon sceneries just to see if it helped, as I expected it did not. Any suggestions ?
    ASUS PRIME A320M-K Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

Two things to try for AS16:

a) Go through all AS16 settings and turn down anything that you suspect would take more processing power.

b) Set Custom Weather to clear skies, etc. I have an i5-10600K and RXT 2080 Ti and I still get a little stuttering flying through very stormy clouds. The less weather there is locally, the smoother FSX will be.

Did you remove the stuttering???
    Mark Daniels

I thought I would jump in this one, I too experience stuttering in FSX. My FS9 installs and msfs run great.

Have tried all I can think that many here have advised to try, of which includes disabling Malwarebytes Bytes and WIN defender, shutting off network connections, adding to the exceptions in Malwarebytes and Windows defender, uninstalled FSUIPC, lowered sliders, disabled add on scenery, but alas still stutters. Frame rate experiments from 20 to unlimited have no effect as well. Recently I had Task Manger running in my second monitor to see if something would pop up like processor usage or something crazy but all remains steady.

For reference my installs are on a secondary internal SSD, drive H:, IE H:\FSX and H:\FS9

Here is a possibility I am looking into - google search this for some info: Simple Stutters Fix for FSX

I am not giving up the fight, if I ever get it figured out I certainly will post!

Mike
    Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

MikeDV, try a default install of FSX in your C: drive (install in C:/, not a Program Files folder) and see if performance is better. Even separate internal SSDs can have slight slowdowns depending on the motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TextRich View Post
    MikeDV, try a default install of FSX in your C: drive (install in C:/, not a Program Files folder) and see if performance is better. Even separate internal SSDs can have slight slowdowns depending on the motherboard.
    Don't do that. It's a mistake.
    Instead, make sure it ain't a slowdown due to the ssd. Make sure the FSX folder is NOT barred by the anivirus and any addon folder has permission granted. Moving the sim just isn't necessary at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    Don't do that. It's a mistake.
    Instead, make sure it ain't a slowdown due to the ssd. Make sure the FSX folder is NOT barred by the anivirus and any addon folder has permission granted. Moving the sim just isn't necessary at this stage.
    Thanks guys, actually my install started off at C:\FSX (Also an SSD) and the stutters were there back then also.

Mallcott - yes, tried all that, even uninstalled add on scenery, shut off Malwarebytes completely and disabled WIN defender, took the PC offline, let’s see...

Oh, this happens regardless of the plane, whether stock or third party, GA or jumbo.

I’ll find it! I do believe it is in Windows somewhere, as even the stock install from my DVD did it. Dell PC’s are notorious for bloatware as well, that is why I ran FSX with task manager open, there was a little app that would pop in to report system status stuff to Dell and it was causing hiccups, but I tracked it down, deleted it and the freezing in my system stopped. FSX is another matter LOL

Mike
    Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

To truly test, run a default FSX and turn everything right down. It should then be smooth unless you have a really slow PC or a problem on your system.

I find FSX to be just a stutterfest of a game. I run so many games old and new. It's only flight simming I have to put up with stutters.
    Mark Daniels

If it is possible to overclock your CPU, you should do that. Try 3.5 or 4 GHz.

Also you can try this:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...Tweaking-Guide

Jorgen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast