Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random stuttering every few seconds

Question Random stuttering every few seconds

I know this has been put on here many times but I have tried many of the solutions in the forums and have got nowhere so just wanted to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

In a nut shell every couple of seconds I'm getting a 1-2 Second stutter where the sim drops to around 10-15 fps from my usual 35 or so. I have no intention on wanting a better FPS I just want to try and get that stutter to go. This is usually more at larger airports like Charles de Gaulle (LFPG) but it does happen every now and then at smaller airports like Cardiff (EGFF) and Bristol (EGGD). I do not have AI installed and I have removed Simlink and GSX as I no longer use them just in case they were effecting the sim but it hasn't helped much.

Could this be down to the scenery loader ? I have implemented some of the advice from the following thread:
    https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/...ardware-guide/
    Including the "FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15" tweak but with 0.20 not the .15. Could this be part of my issue ? I was having this problem before implementing this tweak.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated !
    ASUS PRIME A320M-K Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

Try to post your FSX.CFG file here.

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    Try to post your FSX.CFG file here.

Jorgen
    FSX is not affected by such settings, is my experience. Set it once and forget it.

"Set it once and forget it."

That is exactly what I want to do.

Jorgen

I've had exactly the same thing with both FSX and DCS World and it turned out to be the anti-virus programs. I use Windows 10 default security (Defender?) as well as Malwarebytes. All stuttering disappeared as soon as I entered exclusions for the folders where the games are located
    Last edited by rooitou; 01-07-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz, ASUS Z270G Strix motherboard, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift S, Windows 10 64-bit

A very valid point!

Jorgen

Just to amuse me, go to one of your problem airports, take note of the stutters, save the flight. Exit FSX, remove FSUIPC, restore your saved flight and tell me if there is any change to your stutters.

I'll only ask this once here because people will get cr*ppy with me but this would be a good situation to try what I suggest.
    Mark Daniels

Mark, surely rooitou's advice to add FSX to the antivirus exclusions would have the same effect with FSUIPC? In other words, also add FSUIPC to the antivirus exclusions.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Mark, surely rooitou's advice to add FSX to the antivirus exclusions would have the same effect with FSUIPC? In other words, also add FSUIPC to the antivirus exclusions.
    I think in this case it is possibly something like anti virus causing the OP's issue. I expect he would try the anti virus suggestion first anyhow and if it works all good and he'll disappear but if it doesn't, he really should try what I suggest.
    Mark Daniels

Thanks for all the replies everyone ! I first humoured Skywatcher12 and removed FSUIPC which didn’t have any effect but thank you for the suggestion. I then tried adding exclusions to my Antivirus which has thankfully removed the stuttering ! Thank you all !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast