New version posted at my website.

Changes:
    v 0.2.6
    • Added printable bodies list
    • Reformatted notes on "Precession and Stars" tab

Arrow Update!

New version at my website.

beta v 0.2.7 Bug fixes/changes:

• Fixed a bug causing the intercept "away/toward" cell for sight #10 to remain empty
    • Updated the cities database from ~15,500 cities to Pareto's current [free] offering: 26,570 cities (+ the two suggested cities)

And here's an animation I made showing "Xerxes' Eclipse" on Oct. 2nd, 480 BC:

My friend recently bought me a rather high-end Celestron telescope for this past XMas. It's computer-controled, but I still want to learn to be able locate and recognize celestial objects from memory - perhaps your spreadsheet may help(?) So thanks for that...

Quote Originally Posted by UPHILL3 View Post
    My friend recently bought me a rather high-end Celestron telescope for this past XMas. It's computer-controled, but I still want to learn to be able locate and recognize celestial objects from memory - perhaps your spreadsheet may help(?) So thanks for that...
    There are numerous great apps for Android that will help with that: Sextant Stars, Google Sky Map, Nightshift (great app for astronomy) just to name a few. I think you can also get Stellarium on mobile. I don't use Apple products, so I can't advise on that.

Stellarium for desktop is an outstanding program, and it's free. My spreadsheet does give some information which would be interesting to amateur astronomers. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't somewhat familiar with all of the concepts involved.

I have a Travel Scope 80 from Celestron (in addition to all my sextants, transits and other toys). That's what I used to take the 'blue Moon' picture (blue filter also from Celestron) which is the background of the homepage of my website. I want to get an Omni XLT 120 ... but everyone is sold out at the moment. Oh, well ...

Cheers!
    Sean C

Arrow Update!

New version available at my website.

v 0.2.8 - 2021, Feb 28

• Increased the number of decimals of azimuth included in the data series to a ridiculous precision.
    • Fixed a bug causing the spreadsheet to display wildly inaccurate values for the equation of time under certain circumstances.

Yeah, it doesn't work in Libre Office.

You said you have 15,500 locations of cities? Can I get that list? I've had a project in mind and I need a list like that. Thanks.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't work in Libre Office.

You said you have 15,500 locations of cities? Can I get that list? I've had a project in mind and I need a list like that. Thanks.
    Sure. In fact, you can get 26,000 of them now ... from the same place I did:

Pareto Software, LLC

That's just the free database. There are paid options for up to 4.2 million cities!

Cheers!

Thanks. That might do the trick, though, I may have to convert for FS format on the coordinates, not sure. And if I do I need to know how to do that as well.
    OOM errors? Read this.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

If you can tell me what the format is, I might be able to do it. Shouldn't be hard, really.

Check your PMs.
    OOM errors? Read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123