Weather

ArnieA

My internet works fine but I can't download Realtime weather. The error I get is check your connection or configuration. Does anybody have any ideas?

You mean FSX realtime weather? This has been down for years and is no longer supported.

You need aftermarket weather, and we can provide recommendations after you tell us your hardware...

If you have FSX Steam Edition, the beta release has re-enabled real world weather.

But unfortunately the beta conflicts with some existing add-ons that will not be updated. Just saying no, I do tell people who do not plan to get add-ons to get the beta.

You mean FSX realtime weather? This has been down for years and is no longer supported.

You need aftermarket weather, and we can provide recommendations after you tell us your hardware...

------------------------------------

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

My hardware is an Intel i7-4770 cpu 3.4 gh

Windows 10

Directx4.09

15187 memory

geforce gt635 video

disk space 1578 gb

The video is excellent. No stutter.

The default weather for the boxed edition doesn't work anymore. Microsoft's FSX:SE beta has fixed it. You would need third party options for boxed FSX.

I use the weather that comes with it But it would be nice if I could get real weather. I haven't found anything yet, Any suggestions?

I use the weather that comes with it But it would be nice if I could get real weather. I haven't found anything yet, Any suggestions?

I use ASP3D for P3d. It has a lesser version Active Sky Next, that is suited to FSX... The alternative is Real Weather from REX Simulations.

Either will do what you ask for, having discounted the use of any free alternatives...

A freeware offering for real weather that I know of is this:

https://www.fsxwx.com/home.htm

I personally stick with Active Sky. I used ASN for Steam and now use AS16. REX's weather engine disappoints me every time with its weather changes that is jarring to watch.

All these freeware addons require changes to files and .cfg settings, Active Sky doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
What is everyone's thought on REX SkyForce 3d ? Wanted Active Sky but my current rig will not run it and my new rig is months out. Is Rex the best pay wear that is not system heavy ? Thanks !
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

What is everyone's thought on REX SkyForce 3d ? Wanted Active Sky but my current rig will not run it and my new rig is months out. Is Rex the best pay wear that is not system heavy ? Thanks !

Rex Skyforce 3D also requires no mods to default files, unlike the Freeware. It can be used on any sim (except for FS2020), unlike Active Sky which has alternatives to render it suitable for later sims like FSX-SE and P3d so you need to consider future changes to your sim, or else things get expensive.

malcott, what you say is not correct. fsxwx and fsrealwx do not require editing anything.

(and even if they did, so what.)

with fsxwx some edits are possible, but nothing is required.

with FSRealWX there simply are no edits. none possible and not needed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

malcott, what you say is not correct. fsxwx and fsrealwx do not require editing anything.

(and even if they did, so what.)

with fsxwx some edits are possible, but nothing is required.

with FSRealWX there simply are no edits. none possible and not needed.

What, then what are these edits?

http://wiki.fsrealwx.net/doku.php?id=en:overview

and, specifially

http://wiki.fsrealwx.net/doku.php?id=en:option_weather:weather_options

These are modifiers to the weather .cfg file, are they not?

What, then what are these edits?

http://wiki.fsrealwx.net/doku.php?id=en:overview

and, specifially

http://wiki.fsrealwx.net/doku.php?id=en:option_weather:weather_options

These are modifiers to the weather .cfg file, are they not?

No they're not. They're the fsrealwx program settings, which work in exactly the same way as the program settings for Active Sky and every other weather add-on.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No they're not. They're the fsrealwx program settings, which work in exactly the same way as the program settings for Active Sky and every other weather add-on.

Thank you! Someone who actually understands how these things work!!

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

As I write on my thread of 1-21-21 I am using FSXWX 1.6.2. Works like a charm. ONly thing I haven't noticed is how it updates the weather ? Or maybe one has to restart the sim and then the programs' weather download ? Or what? What if one is in midflight ?

Berlopez