Weather

ArnieA

As I write on my thread of 1-21-21 I am using FSXWX 1.6.2. Works like a charm. ONly thing I haven't noticed is how it updates the weather ? Or maybe one has to restart the sim and then the programs' weather download ? Or what? What if one is in midflight ?

Berlopez

On the Weather tab in FSXWX you turn on weather updates and the time interval.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

As I write my Weather program is FSXWX v 1.6.2. I can't find a tab that downloads the weather...Other than Reinject OVC Conditions which is ticked by default.On the Left column.Otherwise I have no tabs to choose from.[ATTACH=CONFIG]225261[/ATTA

Berlopez

FSXWX.jpg

What is everyone's thought on REX SkyForce 3d ? Wanted Active Sky but my current rig will not run it and my new rig is months out. Is Rex the best pay wear that is not system heavy ? Thanks !

The Sky Force weather engine is poor compared to Active Sky. No matter what I did, for all three of REX's attempts at updating the weather engine, I constantly get sudden changes to weather based on METAR changes. Active Sky has an excellent interpolation system so weather changes based on time or location are gradual and not jarring. Sky Force has amazing visuals though and that continues to be REX's strength.

How is it possible your computer cannot run Active Sky? It isn't any more demanding than FSX is. Have you tried installing and running it? You could always purchase it and if it does not work reinstall it in your future computer.

The Sky Force weather engine is poor compared to Active Sky. No matter what I did, for all three of REX's attempts at updating the weather engine, I constantly get sudden changes to weather based on METAR changes. Active Sky has an excellent interpolation system so weather changes based on time or location are gradual and not jarring. Sky Force has amazing visuals though and that continues to be REX's strength.

I concur. It seems that Skyforce neutralises the weather for a few seconds while it updates so wind and barometric pressure changes cause a sudden lurch, then you get another lurch when it re-loads. Its just what you need when you are landing!

ActiveSky 16 doesn't seem to do this. Another thing that puts my preferences towards this is that you can set it to your preferences and run it instantly minimised and it doesn't bother you at all. I was not fond of SkyForce's huge clunky interface which always seemed to stare me in the face!

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!