The Goose is back

Hi, I think the best freeware add-on aircraft for MSFS (so far anyway) is HERE.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=80497&d=1608634912

(Fond memories from FSX and before)

Still WIP, but already a winner.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

There's one at Simviation, search their FSX>Props category for "FSX Grumman Goose Package V2.1".

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

the ozx grumman? where can I find it. the g21a on simviation is good, but not it.

In this thread's first post, under the word "HERE", you'll find the link to the current MSFS version.

And yes, it's the OZX Grumman, in fact the guy developing it is the same who developed the original (one of them anyway).

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I had a flight with the Goose today and landed on lake Ontario and no wake i guess thats no surprise as theres no float planes

AFAIK splash effects on water, such as a wake, are not included in MSFS "so far".

This is like opening doors/windows, some seem to think those features will be included "eventually".

I was just making a comment on the wake i know it will be there as soon as the have float planes

There's a floatplane included in MSFS, the Icon A5, but no wake or splash effects whatsoever.

I could easily agree, though, that it is such a hideous contraption that can hardly count as one... :rolleyes:

Edited by danbiosca

AFAIK splash effects on water, such as a wake, are not included in MSFS "so far".

This is like opening doors/windows, some seem to think those features will be included "eventually".

Some addon planes let you open doors/windows already. The (excellent) Carenado M20R for instance, let’s you open the copilot’s door. If you do it mid flight though the plane crashes instantly. Another addon.. the Jabaru J160 will let you open both doors as long as you’re not airborne (but you can actually take off with them open LOL)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Some addon planes let you open doors/windows already.

Yep, I know. In fact I'm eagerly waiting for Carenado or someone else to release a Cessna 152, 172 or 182 with opening doors/windows AND ANALOG COCKPIT!!! :pilot: