Anyone heard from Robin?

JSMR

I’m not sure if anyone saw his post over at SOH, but he had COVID and has spent a couple difficult weeks in hospital. Slowly improving I believe but his last post was a week ago. Haven't heard anything since.

Hopefully he’s doing ok.

I've just spoken to Robin on the phone, and whilst he said it was touch and go at one point, he's now on the mend.

He's still in hospital (with good spirits), and hopes to be posting in the forums in the near future.

All our thoughts are with you Robin.

All the best!!

Dom

Hi all, my 4th week in hospital, after going through pneumonia and renal failure.

At the moment I'm at a rehab field hospital, here in Cape Town, and I'm well over the hump. I'm having physio therapy, as being on my back for 4 weeks, I've no lower body muscle tone, so I can stand, March in place, but I'm unable to walk as yet. So, probably another week here, then 20 days isolation, then home.. Finally!

Dom, thanks so much for the call, earlier, much appreciated.

I'll be back!!!

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi all, my 4th week in hospital, after going through pneumonia and renal failure.

At the moment I'm at a rehab field hospital, here in Cape Town, and I'm well over the hump. I'm having physio therapy, as being on my back for 4 weeks, I've no lower body muscle tone, so I can stand, March in place, but I'm unable to walk as yet. So, probably another week here, then 20 days isolation, then home.. Finally!

I'll be back!!!

Robin

Keep up the good fight!!

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I'll be back!!!

Robin

Wish you all the best Robin.

Mark Daniels

Are they giving you blood thinners? I have no idea if they prescribe that after an exit from the hospital, but COVID-19 will cause blood clots so you'll want to ask your doctor.

My sister got this crap back in March. Damn near placed on a ventilator.

I've heard and read vitamin D helps with getting over COVID-19 and many people have a vitamin D deficiency. So I've been taking 2000 IUs (International Units) (50 mcg micrograms) a day which is a once a day pill. I do need to ask my doctor about that. A doctor I saw on a podcast I think was taking more, I don't know. That may be over doing it. https://www.nutri-facts.org/en_US/nutrients/vitamins/d/intake-recommendations.html

Hoping for the best and passing along good vibes.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Hello Robin

I hope you get (very) well soon.

Some months ago you advised me on updating Windows 10.

I had been reluctant to upgrade from ver 18 something to the latest version of 10.

You gave the confidence to try.

My finger hovered over the update button with tremulous anxiety 😀 .

I pressed it ,it updated ,it took a long time ,I waited ,it finished .

And of course!........ there were no hiccups.

Fs9 ran just as well as it always has.

I have continued to keep 10 updated, with no problems encountered ,and Fs9 keeps going on its merry way.

Cheers and thanks

Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

Hi Robin,

Sorry to hear that you have been so poorly. Best wishes for a continued recovery to full health.

I too have a bit of muscle degradation, but that's my own fault for simming for so many hours since the release of MSFS [emoji4]

All the best

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I'll be back!!!

Robin

Holy moly, Robin. Glad you’re doing, better. Keeping fighting mate.

Hi,

Get well soon, Robin.

I've heard and read several stories like yours. I know colleagues at work who lost loved ones, young people... I've read in local news about people, younger than me, healthy, into sports... who died...

People who, months later, still can't take a flight of stairs, without having to stop midway, completely out of breath.

And still... I know some who can't, won't believe this is real. It continues to anger me how they rather believe online crap of origin "unknown", than what actual medical experts say...

Anyway,

@CRJ_simpilot, you may want to look at this:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

TL;DR Don't eat vitamin pills, eat healthy foods... For vitamin D that's oily fish, salmon, spinach, soybeans...

Regards,

DDP.

Yes, you just want to eat properly, it's called a supplement for a reason. Don't know why they bring up heart disease and all the rest. A multi vitamin will of course not solve that. That's largely a diet and exercise thing and could be DNA and a lot of other factors.

Everything in moderation, exercise at least five days out of the week for 30 minutes.

Again, I'm not a doctor, talk to a doctor, talk to TWO doctors.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news Robin, and to keep you happy I've cobbled together a workable FS2004 Beverley. Control surfaces move, and it is quite stable. Panel is a bit basic, and only textures are RAF Transport Command. I have put it in a zip folder 67.7 mb. If you would like me to email it to you, could you PM me an address?

Cheers Grun.