SOS beeping sound in A320???

Hi,

So im trying to fly from Colombus Intl to Chicago O'hare and just as im setting up to take off, I play with my GPS and all of a sudden - I hear this beeping sound that sounds like the SOS beep. It goes every 2 seconds. I read aboout some people saying its because VOR but thats off and all. So someone please help me! I want it to stop.

If it matters, its an Airbus A320.

Thanks!

Jim

How long does the beeping last?

Does it happen right after lifting off from runway?

Which A320 are you using?

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

An SOS will likely take longer than 2 seconds to do ... --- ... and I don't know what on an aircraft would do that, but if it happened right after takeoff on a runway that has an ILS approach in the opposite direction, and maybe there's a white light flashing on the panel, perhaps with an I on the light or, depending on the airport, perhaps an amber light with an M on it, then that would be a marker beacon, and might indicate that you just flew over that beacon -- if that's the case, it should go away in a short time as you leave the beacon behind. And you should be able to use the audio panel to turn off the marker beacons on the speaker.

If that's not it, then you'll need to provide a more detailed description, since we can't hear and see what you hear and see.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

You're not hearing SOS. You're more than likely hearing an NDB. What download is this? I can check its aircraft.cfg radio settings.

In the mean time, try changing the NDB frequency. It'll be a three digit number. Like 400 for 400 KHz. Record the sound if you can and upload it as a zip and I'll tell you what it's saying.

https://soundcloud.com/

https://clyp.it/