I wasn't going to buy MSFS 2020 until late next year (2021) after things were worked out and many updates were performed. Unfortunately, I received Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 for Christmas from my two daughters and my lovely wife. I have a very robust system (see my specs although I am at 4.7Gh now). I have been flying this simulator for 6 days now for about 8 hours a day and have not experienced any issues as have been described in other posts. I do not get any crashes or any other abnormalities other people are getting. The Aircraft Fly fine without any abnormalities some people seem to experience. The Aircraft fly as they should on my computer. Perhaps things are different on a different computer. This new Microsoft Flight Simulator flies just fine for me. Am I just lucky? Or?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I dunno if its unfortunate or not but its a funny thing when people dont try and run the sim beyond their rigs capabilities and it actually works as advertised. Now having said that, YES you are lucky that you have a wonderful family that knows you well enough to know how much fun and enjoyment you will get from this sim. Happy flying to you.

Congrats - my experience has been the same - never have had a CTD or other disappointment running this sim at levels my 'recommended spec' computer does support well. It has been a complete enjoyment to date.

I do believe that the majority of the over 2 MILLION owners of this sim so far share our experience and will never be motivated to join a forum just to say it's running OK. Many times people join various forums seeking solutions to problems which tends to make it seem there are only problems, which is definitely not the case.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I actually signed-up in early December myself on the XBox/PC one buck deal just to see if my 5 year-old PC could handle this beast: Intel 6700k @4.00Ghz - Gforce GTX 970 & 32G Ram. Also wanted to see if my cable internet could handle it. I must say I was amazed by MSFS right off the bat, plus no stutters & decent FPS. The biggest challenge was learning all the new key assignments.

But unfortunately, my GPU temperature went thru the roof (even with minimum settings - close to 80 c. after a very short bit of flying - So I did not want to burn it out, and won't fly again until I get a new gaming rig this Spring. I'll be baack...

I’ve been using MSFS since February last year (alpha tester) and as some of you may know I’ve had my share of problems, but I absolutely love it. It’s been working well for a few weeks now and now that we have VR... well, words can’t describe how impressed I am.

I am so glad you are enjoying it too. Hope you have many happy hours flying :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You might try enabling vsync and sett your fps to 20. Unless you are flying acrobatic maneuvers, you may be surprised at how smooth 20 fps feels. It might lower yo0ur temp on the GPU markedly! Also, turn down water and weather.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

There are lots of folks that run the program without problems. Keep it simple and stock for now and you will not likely have them. Be cautious of addons at this point, as the program is changing rapidly, and many of the addons don't keep up.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU