General Addon scenery question

LJ45man

Hello Simmers, I am a P3D user so post this question here, but it could apply to other sims I would think. I am considering a purchase of FS Dream World Mesh Release (global HD/uHD mesh for P3D). My question is, will this addon affect any of my payware airports (I have LatinVFR KBWI and KBDL installed)? I do notice some framerate hit when I enter these airport areas. My PC can handle it, but any idea if I will see a big framerate hit with the FS Dream addon without a change in sliders?

Thanks

Art

Hello Simmers, I am a P3D user so post this question here, but it could apply to other sims I would think. I am considering a purchase of FS Dream World Mesh Release (global HD/uHD mesh for P3D). My question is, will this addon affect any of my payware airports (I have LatinVFR KBWI and KBDL installed)? I do notice some framerate hit when I enter these airport areas. My PC can handle it, but any idea if I will see a big framerate hit with the FS Dream addon without a change in sliders?

Thanks

Art

Mesh ought not to affect ANY Payware airport but it might increase the apparent discrepancy in surrounding terrain.

Thanks mallcott. I can see quite a difference now as I approach my upgraded airports, so the mesh addon will now probably contrast the default airports :-) I may give the upgrade a try and see how I like it.

As I say, it depends: If the runway or the aiport is set INTO the pre-existing mesh it may cause the surrounding scenery to be on a hill. If the scenery is superimposed on the existing scenery it will cause the addon to apppear as if on a hill.

It's a case-by-case basis to assess and see how the mesh impacts...

I use 5m mesh in France and can't say I have noticed anything untoward. But then I do use the 5m mesh at the 10m setting.... YMMV.

I got the new Global 2020 mesh for P3D v5 which looks about the same as the old Global NE which would not install but it is possible by moving all the installed files from old installed sim them adding to the Scenery Library in P3D not perfect though, I produced The Natural World 2021 scenery available in the store here, therefor visited a lot of airport I did not see an real problems and given that the mesh all used to be done from the same raw data you might be OK, mesh and good scenery makes for a much more realistic flight.

Howard

Mail: biggles-tnw@outlook.com

Web: http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

I got the new Global 2020 mesh for P3D v5 which looks about the same as the old Global NE which would not install but it is possible by moving all the installed files from old installed sim them adding to the Scenery Library in P3D not perfect though, I produced The Natural World 2021 scenery available in the store here, therefor visited a lot of airport I did not see an real problems and given that the mesh all used to be done from the same raw data you might be OK, mesh and good scenery makes for a much more realistic flight.

Howard

Mail: biggles-tnw@outlook.com

Web: http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Are you now claiming that Natural World ALSO includes Mesh? Haven't seen any mesh in the download.

Coud you point it out, so it doesn't conflict with anything else, like ORBX?