fs2020 VR recommendations....

Hi Steve, I have a question for you. You are using an HP Reverb G2 VR headset and I have an Oculus Rift S. I am considering purchasing that HP headset but some of the reviews say that it has problems with tracking. Have you experienced any problems with your headset?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kevin, I can’t say I’ve ever had any tracking issues. If you get one, you won’t regret it. I personally find it works very well & pretty much every you tube review say it’s the best headset to use with MSFS and I have to agree (not that I’ve tried many others)

Check these out...

(I did this one in Xplane)

I also have the Quest (first one) & the Reverb is so comfortable compared with that.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thank you for your reply, Steve. I have found that several online stores are selling it for close to $800. And used ones are going for $650. I have found the headset for $600 brand new. I plan on ordering it tomorrow.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Some are $800? That’s the sign of the times at the moment isn’t it? Glad you’ve found one for $600

When I bought mine (July 1st last year) I regretted not buying it two days earlier..when it was £100 cheaper!

So glad I took the plunge & ordered it though, even if it did cost me more.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Yes new G2's are going for $774. I took the plunge and ordered it this morning for $599 brand new. Should be here in a week. I can't wait!!!

Great! & at a good price too :)

One thing to mention... when I would launch MSFS in VR, it would be quite slow for a couple of minutes, quite jerky. I used to sit on the tarmac & wait two minutes..then it would be fine.

But now (after someone recommended this) I reduced all the graphics settings in Non-VR mode to minimum (you’ll get two option screens - VR and PC).. now VR is smooth from the start.. & incredible! You’re certainly going to enjoy it.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve. That same thing happens with my Rift S for 20 seconds up to a minute. I just look around a little while until it pans smoothly. I like your suggestion so I will give it a try.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love some advice: I've followed all the steps laid out to connect my Oculus to FS 2020...But when I switch the bindings on the general options page to VR, it send FS audio to my headset, but NOT the video. My monitor shows the double image that tells me it has switched to VR, but it doesn't show up in the headset. Any thoughts?

BTW: I have no trouble switching to VR when flying X-Plane 11, but I really am more excited about the possibilities with FS.

Hi Bill,

Have you bound a key to “centre VR”? If not, I’d go into the settings page...controls... change the filter from Assigned to All, then search for VR

Bind a key for “centre VR”

Then once you’re in VR but not seeing anything... then MAYBE pressing the key to centre your view might fix it?

Bit of a long shot I know but you never know, it could be this simple.

Regards

Steve