Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: fs2020 VR recommendations....

Especially for those who get the 'woozies' using VR, a much lower cost alternative to full VR goggles would be one of the IR Head Tracker systems. No motion sickness potential since it simply eliminates the need to use a hat switch or keys to look around in the sim. Less immersive perhaps, but IMHO a great option. One of the best $75 PC gizmos I've used of late.
    Last edited by chicagorandy; 01-12-2021 at 08:23 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0056, [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, Nvidia GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS Xfinity internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset

Blog Entries

A few weeks in and I'm loving Oculus Quest 2 I managed to up the resolution and and refresh rate, thanks to a lovely Chinese girl on Youtube.... In everything except flight sim the graphics are awesome... Steam sent an update last night so will check fs2020 again today........ I'm so over the moon I bought this and not a dual screen in one!! It's allowed me to visit so many places in the world and not just in FS2020... Yesterday I did the prescription lenses, god knows when they arrive...... all in all I'm very very impressed...... one day I will be saying the same regards the HP Reverb.....

https://vroptician.com/prescription-...oculus-quest2/
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    4x8GB = 32GB DDR4 Vengeance LXP 2400MHz
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP

Quote Originally Posted by daspinall View Post
    A few weeks in and I'm loving Oculus Quest 2 I managed to up the resolution and and refresh rate, thanks to a lovely Chinese girl on Youtube.... In everything except flight sim the graphics are awesome... Steam sent an update last night so will check fs2020 again today........ I'm so over the moon I bought this and not a dual screen in one!! It's allowed me to visit so many places in the world and not just in FS2020... Yesterday I did the prescription lenses, god knows when they arrive...... all in all I'm very very impressed...... one day I will be saying the same regards the HP Reverb.....

https://vroptician.com/prescription-...oculus-quest2/
    Hi, I’m so glad you’re enjoying it I have spent so much of my time flying vr over the last few days. Take a look at Lukla airport in vr if you haven't already.
    I personally find the smaller, single seat aircraft (or two seats with one behind the other) are the best for VR. I especially recommend the Model 61 Long-EZ from IndiaFoxTecho & also the Aermacchi MB-339 (both are now available in the Marketplace) both are excellent but the Long-EZ is a bit like a motorised glider. Not quick and very good for sightseeing.

very short (silent) clip taken from the Long-Ez at Lukla...
    http://www.steveharding.com/long_ez1.mp4

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by g7rta; 01-13-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

Blog Entries

Agreed Steve, I think the VR in the TBM is spot on it just feels perfect..... Also I never realized how compact the cockpit is on this plane..... .all in all no complaints..... A few CTD's when I first set up the VR, but that was my end not any fault of the sim which seems very stable now........ what a journey, from upgrades to overcoming CTD's to finally enjoying what the sim is all about Flying!! I think that's me done in this thread.......

Blog Entries

One last point, if you install Virtual Desktop on your VR headset you can do away with the cable from headset to the computer and connect with wifi..... there are good videos on youtube explaining every step..... It's a bit of a fiddle to set up, but once running boy is it ever worth it, YES....

Quote Originally Posted by chicagorandy View Post
    Especially for those who get the 'woozies' using VR, a much lower cost alternative to full VR goggles would be one of the IR Head Tracker systems. No motion sickness potential since it simply eliminates the need to use a hat switch or keys to look around in the sim.
    I'll use TrackIR 5 to start. I might try VR later, but I've been assembling a physical control system--yoke, throttle quadrant, radio panel, etc., some components of which probably wouldn't be of much use to me in VR, so I might just stick with TrackIR. My start date was just pushed up with news from HP that my assembled-to-order computer has shipped. Based on HP's original projected shipping date of Jan. 29, I didn't expect to receive it before Feb. 4. Now, I should get it by Monday at the latest, if not sooner. Once I have it, it'll take a couple of days to "move in," and buy and download MSFS '20.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Blog Entries

Here's a guide to make Quest 2 wireless This has to be the best compleat video instruction YES NO CABLE when using VR..... I followed his instructions and IT WORKS......

Happy new PC Aptosflier Try VR and you will be totally hooked..... With TrackIR you are still looking in from the outside, with VR you're looking out from the inside it's as real as it gets with today's tech........
    Last edited by daspinall; 01-15-2021 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added more info

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456