Navigational Lights

Stewie

I know this has been posted and discussed many times before, but for whatever reasons, I cannot find anything that has worked. Does anyone know how to make the lights on the plan not look light little Christmas Bulbs?

You can not tweak the affect so yes find (as Mr Zippy suggested) a different one. There are many available usually coming with aircraft downloads. You can even put Cessna lights on on B747. Not allowed by ATC I am sure:)

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi,

I know this has been posted and discussed many times before, but for whatever reasons, I cannot find anything that has worked. Does anyone know how to make the lights on the plan not look light little Christmas Bulbs?

Maybe the lights are part of your aircraft model? Check the lights section of the aircraft.cfg if they're defined there.

From the C182:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.0 = 3, -3.03, -18.11, 3.58, fx_navred

light.1 = 3, -3.03, 18.11, 3.58, fx_navgre

light.2 = 3, -21.45, 0.00, 1.95, fx_navwhi

light.3 = 2, -3.33, -18.31, 3.58, fx_strobe

light.4 = 2, -3.33, 18.31, 3.58, fx_strobe

light.5 = 1, -21.52, 0.00, 7.40, fx_beacon

Regards,

DDP.

What Tom Gibson say is very true, BUT one thing you can do that MAY have some effect is to edit the night time textures to brighten up the area around the nav lights, so it looks like the light is "spilling" onto them. This assumes that your model has night lighting defined. It will cost you nothing but a little bit of your time to try that.
Steve from Murwilllumbah.