Level-D 767 New VC Textures

HornetAircraft

hello all! So I got the Zinertek VC Upgrade, but to me the quality was atrocious. the textures just seemed blurry, like they were resized from a smaller image. sooooo I took the Captainsim 757 VC Textures I recolored a month or so ago and Merged them with the Level-D 767.I think this result brings it up to standards a little more. what do you think?

note: in order to share them publicly, I will most likely have to replace the remaining textures from the zinertek pack for copyright reasons.

zinertek

fsscr015.jpg

my refresh

fsscr018.jpg

zinertek

fsscr017.jpg

my refresh

fsscr019.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you do, DON'T.

Remember what happened with the PMDG 737 VC textures?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

yes I remember that very well. to even make it possible, I will have to remove all the copyrighted zinertek files and replace them with the level-D textures, edited of course, and then approach captainsim about letting me share the 757 textures on the 757 and approach level-D about sharing. this way others can enjoy them as well. either way the biggest issue will to even get a reply from both devs...

Very nice indeed, Josh! Captainsim and Level-D should take advantage of the job you did on their aircraft/panel, keep this for their own work and give you the credit for the panel work!

Yes, it's one thing to borrow and make changes to your liking for yourself, but, the moment you offer it up to someone else or the general public, then you have stepped on the toes of those who worked so hard in their offerings! Just be careful! If you are up front with the developers and they say okay, not a problem, you are okay!

I like your work! I am sure they will too!

Rick :cool:

yes. this is exactly the reason I'll remove all the Zinertek textures. i'd love to share but really dont want another email from a company's legal team haha. I didn't think about that side then. I certainly do now! I hope Captainsim will allow me to use their VC textures for the level-d.

yes. this is exactly the reason I'll remove all the Zinertek textures. i'd love to share but really dont want another email from a company's legal team haha. I didn't think about that side then. I certainly do now! I hope Captainsim will allow me to use their VC textures for the level-d.

Well, you could always contact Zinertek and mention that since your product is decades old and nobody mostly likely is buying it, and if they are, it’s overpriced for a 17 year old product, can I use them and share with the remaining few in the FS2004 community as freeware?

Of course PMDG wouldn’t do it as they’d want to charge for every single update, hot fix and mention of a new product despite nobody buying the FS9 version - why would you with the iFly - so what’s the problem?

Or you could just remove it. But it’s nice to first email and make a statement then point them to this forum and post as to how selfish, greedy and obnoxious they are.

Or you could not do either. :D

i'll definitely email zinertek and see about sharing them. maybe they wouldn't have a problem with it? if they do then i'll remove all their textures and replace them with the original Level-D.

while I don't agree with PMDG saying it was "competition" because if they think their FS2004 737 is competition with the ifly, then I pity them. i've flown both. the PMDG for fs9 is way off. the ifly textures aren't compatible with the FSX version anyway so really there was no competition. I wish they could've made an agreement with ifly to offer the textures for sale for like 5.00 or so for the FS9 737 ONLY. no competition, and a boost for both ifly and PMDG.

in any regard, I don't want to end up on the naughty list for a developer. that wouldn't go too well. :p

Great News! I got a reply from zinertek that says quote:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your intentions to share your updated Level-D 767 VC cockpit textures. In the past we have caught people modifying and redistributing our textures without permission which is not nice.

So we really appreciate the fact that you are directly asking us for permission to use a couple of our textures in your Level-D 767 VC cockpit mod.

Because you were honest and respectful of our copyright rights, we will allow you to use and share our textures in your new update.

Happy New Year!

Kind Regards,

Maurice Roenick"

so I'm now just waiting on a reply from Captainsim!

Nor has captainsim for FS9. I didn't get a response from them either. So I should be clear to post them with permission from Zinertek. Ill upload them tonight to the Avsim and Flightsim library.

I'll say it again: Whatever you do, DON'T.

This is very thin ice, legally speaking, for yourself and this website.

You have permission from Zinertek only. Level-D and CaptainSim still own the copyrights to their own products and you still don't have their permission to use those products.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

well i'm going to give Captainsim another shot. sent one of the Devs a PM through the forums. i've posted some issues with the CS757 I've had in the past with no response at all so i'm not expecting a response. as for Level-D, i'll try contacting them but I don't think I will get a response either. will update.

I will give it 1 week. If I hear nothing, I will post them. I messaged the senior forum member months ago about something else and never got a reply even though he is often online. My last resort would be to post into the P3D captainsim forums since they're a little more travelled... and as for Level-D, I cannot find any email through which to contact them.

Have you tried the Level-D forums: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/

Or the Captain Sim forums: https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl

Do remember that "no reply" doesn't automatically mean "yes" in the eyes of the law, it means "no".

Edited by tiger1962

Do remember that "no reply" doesn't automatically mean "yes" in the eyes of the law, it means "no".

Lawyer : So somebody has been selling your product illegally?

LD/CS : Not selling, offering our already existing product upgraded with much better textures and what we should've done years ago.

Lawyer : They're not selling it?

LD/CS : No. Its been offered as a free texture replacement enhancing the product.

Lawyer: But you can lose sales though over this?

LD/CS : No, they still need to purchase the original product. Sales would remain the same. Perhaps increase knowing that VC upgraded is available.

Lawyer : Ok, since this is the latest product, I read somewhere its called MS 2020 or something..you're worried about loss of sales?

LD/CS : Its not for MSFS, it's for FS2004.

Lawyer : FS..........2004? The year 2004?

LD/CS : Yes.

Lawyer : A basically 17 year old product?

LD/CS : Yes.

Lawyer : And I presume it will be hard to offer support if the product has been slightly altered?

LD/CS : Well, we don't provide support for that product anyway.

Lawyer : You don't? Why not?

LD/CS : Well, people moved on from that particular sim around 15 years ago. There's FSX, P3D, X-Plane and now MSFS that people are interested in. We hardly sell any products for that particular 17 year old sim. If any.

Lawyer : Ah...sorry, the problem was.....what again?

• 2 weeks later...
Really? As long as your not providing links to it, nor trying to sell it, whats the harm?

See this thread: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?313753-737-cockpit-textures-are-being-taken-down