Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Level-D 767 New VC Textures

Have you tried the Level-D forums: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/
    Or the Captain Sim forums: https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl
    Do remember that "no reply" doesn't automatically mean "yes" in the eyes of the law, it means "no".
    Last edited by tiger1962; 01-05-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

I've been trying the CS forums and email. Will try the Level-D forums as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Do remember that "no reply" doesn't automatically mean "yes" in the eyes of the law, it means "no".

Lawyer : So somebody has been selling your product illegally?
    LD/CS : Not selling, offering our already existing product upgraded with much better textures and what we should've done years ago.

Lawyer : They're not selling it?
    LD/CS : No. Its been offered as a free texture replacement enhancing the product.

Lawyer: But you can lose sales though over this?
    LD/CS : No, they still need to purchase the original product. Sales would remain the same. Perhaps increase knowing that VC upgraded is available.

Lawyer : Ok, since this is the latest product, I read somewhere its called MS 2020 or something..you're worried about loss of sales?
    LD/CS : Its not for MSFS, it's for FS2004.

Lawyer : FS..........2004? The year 2004?
    LD/CS : Yes.

Lawyer : A basically 17 year old product?
    LD/CS : Yes.

Lawyer : And I presume it will be hard to offer support if the product has been slightly altered?
    LD/CS : Well, we don't provide support for that product anyway.

Lawyer : You don't? Why not?
    LD/CS : Well, people moved on from that particular sim around 15 years ago. There's FSX, P3D, X-Plane and now MSFS that people are interested in. We hardly sell any products for that particular 17 year old sim. If any.

Lawyer : Ah...sorry, the problem was.....what again?

Default Level-D 767 New VC Textures

Really? As long as your not providing links to it, nor trying to sell it, whats the harm?

Quote Originally Posted by grau View Post
    Really? As long as your not providing links to it, nor trying to sell it, whats the harm?
    See this thread: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...ing-taken-down
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

That doesn't apply to all.
    Zinertek obviously were fine with it.
    iFLy dont mind some modifications if they are only released as freeware and also being aware a user can lose support after modifications.
    Aeroworx also with their wonderful B200 King Air were happy to have users modify and share those modifications.

Don't point to that ludicrous email above as the standard from all developers. Payware or freeware.

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    That doesn't apply to all.
    I accept that you can't understand legal English, and it's time that YOU did too.
    Unless a developer HAS given permission in writing, ANYTHING ELSE is illegal, including no reply, for ANY reason.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 01-14-2021 at 03:11 PM.

I accept that you can't understand legal English, and it's time that YOU did too.
    Unless a developer HAS given permission in writing, ANYTHING ELSE is illegal, including no reply, for ANY reason.
    Who says?

Quote Originally Posted by JSMR View Post
    Who says?
    Everyone. It's an International Law. Ignorance is no defence etc. Furthermore, in light of recent events, inciting a fellow member of this website to commit illegal acts ought to be enough to get you banned from this website. Just sayin'.

Everyone. It's an International Law. Ignorance is no defence etc. Furthermore, in light of recent events, inciting a fellow member of this website to commit illegal acts ought to be enough to get you banned from this website. Just sayin'.
    And illegal like modifying files in all sims (by the way how many contacted MS/LM etc to do that?), using a no CD patch (when did MS give the go ahead for that?), using P3D for entertainment purposes (what 99% do).

One thing to sell it for $$$. Yeah, illegal.

Another to use no longer supported products making modifications to offer to others for free. We've all been modifying products and sharing ideas how to do it since the first sim came out eons ago. You probably have as well and are using files modified by users to enhance it. Payware or freeware.

And I'm not inciting anyone to do anything.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast