Driver install gone wrong...

Hi all,

I am trying to get the latest drivers for my Rtx2080ti.

I am doing it via Geforce Experience.

I downloaded the driver then went for express install. All seemed to be going ok but at around 25 percent through the installation phase my screens went black.

I assumed it was doing a reboot but i have been waiting 10 mins now with no change. The PC is still on but there is no apparent hard drive activity.

Is this normal? How long do I wait?

The driver version it is attempting to install is 460.89.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I use the Display Driver Utility (DDU) from Guru3D.com to uninstall my old driver and prevent Windows from automatically re-installing it so that I can easily install the new driver myself. The screen goes black for only a second, then flickers while it adjusts to the default resolution, and the install continues as normal.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Ok, I got fed up waiting so I manually turned off the PC by holding down the power button. Rebooted, now the new driver is shown as installed.

All looks ok, so hopefully that's it done.

We'll see!

Thanks for looking

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk