Convince me, why I should take up First Class Membership

daspinall

Thinking of doing it, since I'm going to be here for while..... Apart from showing support for the group, what other benefits will it entail......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

@daspinall - you need First Class Membership for the faster download speeds as Charlie (mrzippy) says, but mainly for the ambience and comradeship, viz:

@mrzippy - Hey Charlie! Merry Christmas and Happy New Computer! Oh, wait... you STILL haven't found another clockwork one like your old one? Or is the new one still being gold-plated! :p (We all know you fat-cat moderator types ALL have gold-plated PC's :D :D :D)

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks, Tim! :D I'm not in any hurry for a new system. MSFS2020 is still in it early infancy and no rush to dive in head first!

I'd probably have to check with Vic (vgbaron) or Bill (N4gix) to see if they have gold-plated computers!

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ahh, the wisdom that can only come with experience (of Flight Simulator, that is). I've got myself an Xbox Series X in readiness for the MSFS launch on Xbox - whatever they do, they'll keep the sim running sweet on Xbox or else! With some of the money I've saved on a high-spec PC, I'll get myself a whizz-bang 4K HD monitor AND remodel the living room to keep Her Ladyship happy...

Re: gold-plated PC's - you know as well we do that Vic and Bill will deny it! :D

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

so no secret parties and pub/bar crawls lol....... I will make it so in the next few days... cheers guys and Happy New Year.....

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

so no secret parties and pub/bar crawls lol....... I will make it so in the next few days... cheers guys and Happy New Year.....

You're a good man! Take a raise outta petty cash! I have always given some thought to a party of some of the folks here and over at AVSIM/SOH getting together for beer, appederves, and whoresdoofers. Boy, what a rowdy bunch! ;)

appetizers and hors d'oeuvres.......in case anyone was wondering!:confused:

I'm a man of my word ha sorted......

I bet it's at the gold-plating factory Charlie :p

Welcome aboard daspinall, you're now well on the way to becoming as big a barmpot as the the rest of us! :cool:

Where's the secret party this year, Dom? ;):rolleyes:

Secret Party Number 23....Sshhhh!

It's on the 43rd floor (lifts out of action at time of writing), room number 86.

Those attending are asked to wear suitable attire, with the theme this year being Cessna and Piper aircraft.

A word of warning...last year some bright spark came with a propeller stuck to his head and became unpopular very quickly. As such, any individual wearing garments featuring aircraft parts will be banned:p

Charlie...I'll see you there:D!

Anyone else?

Dom

It's on the 43rd floor (lifts out of action at time of writing), room number 86.

Those attending are asked to wear suitable attire, with the theme this year being Cessna and Piper aircraft.

A word of warning...last year some bright spark came with a propeller stuck to his head and became unpopular very quickly. As such, any individual wearing garments featuring aircraft parts will be banned:p

Anyone else?

Dom

+1 I'll be there with bells on! Hoping those aren't airplane parts! :eek:

Anyone else?

Dom

lol I best leave the floats that I use as dancing shoes at home ha hell it clears the dance floor........

Edited by daspinall