KDEN - Blueprint ADE Problem

MarkNZ

Hi team, downloaded Blueprint Simulations Denver today, been trying to alter some parking at the airport and for some reason it won't recognize the ADE file when I save it. It will recognize the default AF2_KDEN parking spots but not when I save it through ADE. I delete the AF2_KDEN so its not in the folder but when I load FS9 and go to the drop down menu all I see is the default gates to choose from.

Hoping you can help what im missing here please.

Many thanks

Mark

If I may ask a dumb question: Did you only save the ADE file or did you also compile it? I don't know your level of experience with ADE but I have seen some folks make this mistake before.

It's a great feature that ADE saves the file first in a proprietary format without changing or affecting anything in the sim so you can create complex designs and pause for a break without messing anything up. When you are ready then you must compile.

Maybe some more information of exactly what is happening would help.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Douga very fair question, yep compiled the file too. I’m pretty well versed at ADE but never come across this problem before. That it will work with the AF2 file and then not during a saved/complied KDEN ADE file. Thought I had a duplicate for sure causing the problem but it’s definitely not that

Its in the same folder the AF2 is ive removed it from the folder (for now on the desktop) and saved with ADE, ive modified thousands and thousands of airports and never had any trouble like this. Not sure its got anything to do with it but my troubles have on started since ive been on Windows 10, same with the FSDreamteam scenery.

Ive attached an image of how the Denver Folder now looks.

Thanks again

KDEN.jpg

Legend thanks Douga was staring me in the face. Ive just tried to save it as a bgl and now its not letting me. All my other airports compile with a BGL I cant get this one to do it. It compiles but no BGL appears

Ok some more troubleshooting, it's not compiling but not giving me an error message why, it has 73 aprons this scenery is that a likely cause ?

No I don't think the size of the airport matters but I do suspect something else taking another look at your screenshot none of the other files has a suffix (like .bgl) but your file has one even if it is wrong. Check the original name of your proprietary file as it may have an extra period in the name. That would cause the compiler to fail.

It's worth a look.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No I don't think the size of the airport matters but I do suspect something else taking another look at your screenshot none of the other files has a suffix (like .bgl) but your file has one even if it is wrong. Check the original name of your proprietary file as it may have an extra period in the name. That would cause the compiler to fail.

It's worth a look.

I did a complex split in the ADE and it compiled a BGL file for the airport so we are in business

This actually works?

What you needed to do is first and foremost go to the control panel | folder options and set the option to not hide file extensions.

The other thing you needed to do is make a copy of the default BGL file for the airport from this add-on and save it somewhere. Or just rename it. If it's called KDEN.bgl, name it KDEN.bgl.old

Now edit the master KDEN bgl file for the add-on.

Yours may work because it's sitting on top of the master BGL from the add-on. Unless this add-on appends ADE to its file name which I highly doubt. That's what I see in your image. Unless you are editing the master and the rename is different.

I know this because I have edited my FSDreamTeam KLAS airport file. The Janet terminal needed to be edited and two runways were not built right so AI were stacking up. That was due to the hold short node being too far away. Unfortunately and unrealistically, the hold short has to be moved onto the over run/blast pad on the runway its self to get AI to take off. So yeah, this makes it have a plane hold on the runway when a plane is landing. But they are holding on the over run/blast pad. The runways with this issue are 16 R/L.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot