Scarcity of AI Aircraft

ac103010

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Allan,

Clearly moving FSX has caused an issue - probably an issue with a registry entry that AIFP, AFCAD and ADE reference...

Go to this PAGE, download the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (fourth entry down) and install it with admin rights then run it...

Then test the affected apps - if none work uninstall one and then reinstall it to see if it changes anything...

Regards

Brian

il88pp, I have the boxed edition (I absolutely hate steam anyway). So I'll try the fix Jorgen suggests and if this doesn't work I'll bite the bullet and reinstal. It'll be a mamoth task but perhaps better to take the pain now than continued pain in the future.

I'll let you all know how I get on but I want you all to know how much I appreciate all the time and effort you've put in to trying to help me.

Thank you.

Allan

Wowwww!!!.

I don't have much time at the moment, I'm going out, but thought I'd give this fix a quick try. First signs are encouraging. Started AIFP3 and it opened correctly, giving version number, etc., so fingers crossed. Looking forward to getting back home, now.

Allan

Yes, Jorgen. Checked AIFP3 with Bulk functions and all working. ADE is working. Looks like that fix worked. Thank you. And, again, thanks to everyone that's contributed. I've learned so much but I appreciate the time and effort put in by all you people, not to mention your knowledge.

So, onwards and upwards and A Happy New Year.

Allan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I don't know if this thread has passed it's sell by date. I haven't posted anything further because I've got on top of everything and up and running at speed. But I just wanted to tie up loose ends by asking Jorgen, in particular, was it you that suggested I upload and flightplans I create myself?

I've created a number but none that I would want to upload just yet. Have to sort aircraft out. At the moment I'm having to duplicate aircraft in use. However, I've found a number or AFCAD files I created about 8 years ago for a number of airports. They correct, in many cases, the errors in default and addon scenery with regards to the number and type of parking. I've shuffled parking spaces so that by and large, you don't get an A320 parked where a 747 ought to be. I've also rehashed, as far as possible (there are practical limitations) the layout of airports. Gatwick for example NEVER uses 08L and 26R for takeoffs and landings (except for one commercial flight a few years ago that landed there in error). In FS, for example, the numbers and headings of the stands are wrong. I've corrected them to be as close as possible to Aerad charts.

I'll upload these in one zip file in the near future. Please check them out.

Thank you, and others, for all the help you gave me.

Allan

Yep, I think that was my suggestion.

But, I don't think you have to shuffle parking spaces. AIFP automatically sorts aircraft according to wingspan in descending order:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=27300.0

So it parks the biggest aircraft first, then the next smaller size and so on.

As for runway assignment for take-off only and landings only, that would maybe be something for ADE, but here I do not know enough about ADE.

Looking forward to seeing your plans -

Jorgen

Ho Jorgen.

Yes, I used ADE to create the revised airports.

Have to have a think about AIFP. As I understand it, AIFP is not active with FS so I can't see how it could park a new heavy arrival in the correct place. Or, to put it another way, if a number of, say, 320's arrive and park there would ne nothing to prevent them from parking in heavy stands. So, there could still be vacant small stands but the heavy stands might be already filled with small aircraft. Am I wrong?

My method ensured, as far as was possible, that small aircraft didn't use bigger stands leaving them always vacant for heavies.

I'll give it some mmore thought.

Regards,

Allan

Hi Alan,

You are correct - AIFP only makes the traffic files but it is possible to use it to see what parking problems may happen at an airport - see section 11 of the user manual.

WRT actual AI parking at specific spots it requires a number of instructions to be fulfilled - some are airport based and some are AI model based. The main instructions that determine where aircraft are parked are:

Airports

1. The radius of the parking spot.

2. The parking spot type - i.e. Gate, Ramp, Cargo, GA etc.

3. The parking spot code - i.e. a 2, 3 or 4 character code specific to a airline or aircraft type.

AI Models

1. Its wingspan.

2. The parking spot data entered in the atc_parking_types= line contained in each texture entry within the aircraft.cfg file.

3. The parking spot data entered in the atc_parking_codes= line contained in each texture entry within the aircraft.cfg file.

Regards

Brian