FS Program Quits

PeterBrownell

Installed FS 2020 OK. Can fly from some airports (KBTV, SXM) but not others (KJFK, KMCO) . If I try to take off from JFK, the program shows the Skyhawk plane loading screen then just quits with no warning and returns to the windows desktop. Program files are on the D: drive. Running a Dell Alienware gaming computer. Really appreciate any suggestions.

Looks like the airports that cause the program to crash are the enhanced airports that come with the program (KMCO, LFPG, KJFK, etc). I seem to be able to start from airports not on the enhanced list. Any recommendations on what I can do to get the needed files downloaded / reinstalled?

Sounds as if you're trying to run the program with the graphics settings too high, overloading your computer. Few computers can run the program with everything at or near max. I had/have a similar problem (older computer) with FSX and P3D v2.4, in that away from big cities and such I can run everything smoothly, but go into the Seattle, Chicago, etc. area and it's almost a slide show, and FSX may well crash if I leave it there very long. And that's with the sliders much more modestly set than max.

So reduce your settings, and you may have to avoid major areas anyway, if your system "complains" too much.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Peter, further to Larry's good advice on graphic settings, this has happened to another member here at KSFO. If you open the Content Manager and delete the enhanced airport sceneries, then reboot the sim and re-install them, they should work for you. If not, try deleting the Rolling Cache and then delete the enhanced airports before rebooting, re-enabling the Rolling Cache and re-installing the airports.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 2 weeks later...