I need help running Flight Simulator 2020

artmustel

Hello. I am a newbe to flight Simulator, and my issue isit is running so bad that its almost unplayable. my pc specs are:

cPU: ryzen 3 2200g

ram: 16gb (2x8) ddR4 3000

HARD DRIVE: 500GB NVME SSD

Gpu: RADEON rx 580, 8GB

i don't have other apps running in the background.

Even in 'loW" game settings, the game freezes every few seconds. I read somewhere that Sedona airport is low demanding, and even in there, same happens.

Anything i can do to improve this game, or just my hardware is too lacking to even play the game in LOW settings?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the forum(s). I think your hardware "should" be OK at those settings. A couple of thoughts...do you have any anti-virus or anti-malware programs running? If so try it with them disabled. Also, be sure nothing is creating a periodic "dump" or imaging of part of the system. How long do the freezes last when they occur. Is it really a freeze or just a long stutter? Is everything running smoothly between the freezes? What is the framerate your seeing? This info would really help the folks here with trying to diagnose your problem.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I have the same specs except for the hard drive. I have a non SSD 1 TB drive, other than that I have the same processor, video card and 16gb mem. I was afraid I would have problems but so far I have had no issues. I will add that I am using the default scenery. I am not downloading the extra online scenery. I let the sim install and I agreed to the default settings and it chose high settings. You do not indicate if you are using the online scenery or not. I'm wondering if that is a factor in the freezes.

Good point. I didn't think of that. It could be the internet connection/speed/modem/etc. Scenery loading could, indeed, be the cause of pauses/freezes if the the connection is too slow or faulty.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.