v5 never starts a flight!!??

Rupert

I've reached an end to my patience. For the last few weeks every flight I try to fly, the program quits and kicks me back to the computer home page!!I have several flights I've flown before in the records plus the default. even the p3d default flight trips me out of P3D about at 75% loaded!

Advise!!??

BTW: I'm also no longer able to log into the P3D company Forum. It always says either my user name or my password are wrong or someone else is already using it.

Michael

BTW: I also have v4 and have flown it for at least a year but can't get it authorized now. Again I'm told my username and password is in use for another person. This all worked fine less than a month ago. And no, it's as far as I can tell impossible to contact anyone live at Lockheed to consider either of these issues.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Michael,

For licensing, username and password issues please send email to:

licensing@prepar3d.com

If you receive an automated reply, then you know your email was received, and then the usual processing time is 2 U.S. business days. But in these not so normal times it may take longer.

For your CTD issue (if we can call it that), please check your Windows Event Viewer at the time of the crash and see if there is an "Error" entry with a "Faulting module name" in there. If there is, copy and paste it here.

Jorgen - aka JorgenSA in the L-M P3D forums.

Did you try the usual? Delete/rename the P3D.cfg files, dll.xml and exe.xml file. See if it starts then.

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Did you try the usual? Delete/rename the P3D.cfg files, dll.xml and exe.xml file. See if it starts then.

You changed the sim version? From what? You do realise P3dV5.x is an entirely different version and your forum logins may no longer be valid!

Please clarify HOW you installed P3dv5? There are several files that need to be deleted as part of the process, something the Simmer must do!

The forum logins should be the same, no matter what version you have - my login there has been the same since v. 4.3.

The uninstall/reinstall process can be a bit tricky, absolutely. I will take the liberty to paste in a set of instructions that I use for myself after this post.

Jorgen

This is how I perform a clean install on Prepar3D v. 5, if you have v. 4 just say "v4" where the instructions say "v5".

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

WARNING: A clean install will mean just that - beware that all add-ons will not reappear in P3D, you will need to re-add or reinstall them, and that is beyond the scope of this tutorial.

If you're doing a clean uninstall-reinstall because your installation was damaged in some drastic way, for instance a disk crash, some parts of this process will seem superfluous. Just follow the steps that are relevant - it will be obvious which are. But, if your installation was damaged to the extent that you cannot uninstall completely, then you may have a license issue. To resolve that, email the licensing department at licensing@prepar3d.com.

When you have downloaded your new sim, do not bother with checking checksums, unless you have a suspicion that something went wrong during the download. Modern-day browsers, no matter which one, will tell you if that happens, and the utility you use for unpacking will also tell you.

I have my P3D v. 5 on my H: drive, a dedicated SSD. It is in a folder called P3D V5. For your installation substitute your own installation location, but - IMPORTANT - do NOT install to the default location of C:\Program Files. If you had P3D installed there, then install to somewhere else when you reinstall, for instance to C:\P3D.

The whole process begins with going to the Control Panel and uninstalling the old version: first uninstall the SDK, then Scenery, Content, Client and Professional Plus (or Academic) in that order.

Remove whatever remains under the folder P3D V5.

If you have moved your Documents folder, go to its new location and remove it from there.

Go to the root of C: drive, in the Search box in the top right-hand corner type "Prepar3D v5" (without the quotation marks) in Windows Explorer (that is File Explorer, not Internet Explorer). Delete everything that is found. Some items cannot be deleted, go Skip on those items.

Empty your Temp folders (not really necessary, but they should be emptied once in a while).

Empty your Recycle Bin.

Clean Registry, using Eusing's Free Registry Cleaner. (This is the one I use, there are plenty of others).

Reboot.

Right-click on P3D's Setup_Prepar3D.exe and select Run as Administrator, and on the first screen, under Options, select to install in the P3D V5 folder on the H: drive. This is for my own use, see above for installing on another drive.

When the installation is finished. go into the P3D v5 folder, create a folder named SDK, install SDK to there.

Right-click on the Prepar3D icon on the desktop, select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab, put a check mark in the box "Run this program as Administrator". Click Apply, then OK.

Start P3D, fly the default flight out of KRND (KVPS if v. 4) for a couple of minutes. Shut down P3D, reboot.

Go into the SDK subfolder, right-click on ConfigureSDK.exe and select Run as Administrator. Answer Yes to the question that comes up.

Now you are ready to explore the world of Prepar3D.

If you reinstalled P3D because you experienced problems with add-ons, then test the flights where you experienced problems BEFORE you install ANY add-ons. Install your add-ons ONE AT A TIME, testing between each.