VFR Olympic National Park - Special Charter Flight / DHC-2 Beaver

In this video we fly the deHavilland DHC-2 Beaver on a special flight assignment from Forks (S18) Washington to the Elwha River. We use ForeFlight on the iPad to guide us over the Olympic National Park mountains to our destination on the former bed of the Lake Mills reservoir. On this journey, we learn about the restoration of the Elwha River ecosystem. The Elwha River now runs free with the removal of two dams that stood for a century.

Nice flight and great job on the video!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

• 1 month later...

I just want to thank you for one of the best presents ever. The Olympic Mountain Range is a little known wonder of the world.

As a younger man I hiked mostly in the southern area of the Park and Nat. Forest and miss it dearly. I've been the the Elwa a couple

of times since they opened the dam but just to the overlook parking lot. Thanks for the trip. Even though I didn't hike that area it

still brings back wonderful memories.

Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot: