Cloud9/FSDT KLAX Misery

Qballbandit

Good evening,

I hope I can explain this clearly. On my old WIN7 machine, I had a copy of Cloud9 KLAX for FS9; bought it when first released.

Airport worked flawlessly, and my personal AFCAD was 100% functional. I have an old copy of a receipt that includes a serial number, and I have the .reg file (Cloud9_Los Angeles.reg).

Fast forward. Built a WIN10 gaming machine, and am unsuccessful carrying over the Cloud 9 version as it asks me to register my "trial version" when I open up a flight in the airport. I go into addon manager, select "Cloud9/KLAX, etc. and choose register. I enter the serial number, and it never responds back - and I assume it's because "eSellerate" no longer exists?

I could not get anywhere with the FSDT team that now hosts a V2 version of KLAX, which is supposed to be for FSX & FS9. Maybe because FS9 is legacy, but their whole purchase and support is the most convoluted mess I ever dealt with.

I would like to know if anyone has suggestions on how to get this airport functional again???

As a backup, I purchased the V2 yesterday. I have it installed and registered, but like their KORD (for FS9), my AFCAD files do not function as designed, where some planes are in their right spots, and others are completely off the grid incorrect. There is something I can't figure out with these two airports where the AI planes don't behave like all my other airports that behave 100% correctly with my personal AFACD files.

So I either want to get the old one, which I knew functioned 100% correctly working again, or, get the new one to work with my AFCAD, though I can not figure out why AI parking is such a horror show.

Ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Neil

Luke, no - I have not. I was really hoping that one (or more) of the forum members here had suggestions, I have e-mailed FSDT for support twice, and got no response. I have read their posts, but have no clue what the stand alone installer did for me once I downloaded and installed.

When I have time to join and follow yet another forum, maybe I'll try and post there if I hear nothing back here.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil, ive had the same problem I upgraded to a new machine and have gone to activate my airports but nothing happens it simply runs in trial mode. Purchased Hawaiian airports 2 on the new machine and they would not activate either. So very keen to hear if/how you got them working if you did.

Mark

Neil,

That's the best thing to do as they do respond in a couple of days max. As far as Cloud 9 stuff the original company turned off the registration servers so nobody can use their airports any more according to FSDT. The problem with the FSDT stuff you are having is another matter. I am interested to see what they say too.

Good luck!

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Couple things:

1) Firewall on?

2) Is FS2004 on C drive and NOT in the program files folder? Same for a Steam install.

If FS2004 is installed into the programs files folder you're gonna have issues.

The path for the module may be protected by BS Windows 10. But I reckon other people have no issues. If it is an issue, you'd have to symlink it to the root of C drive.

Have you run the update program from FSDreamTeam? Just the stand alone installer is what I run. It's at their website. If you get the annoying succubus message from your task bar above about an update, use the update program its self and NOT from withen the Sim. I knew that POS would hose me over from withen the Sim and sure enough it did, so I use the manual update instead. http://update.fsdreamteam.com/public_html/products_addonmanager.html

Edited by CRJ_simpilot