Some low and slow in FS9!

Skywatcher12

Is that the San Diego add-on? :D Those all look like Sketchups.

Imagine if you will. A server link in the Sim to Linode or AWS that fetches gigabytes worth of Bluesky scenery and/or everything from Megacity/scenery. :D

I'm thinking it could be done. I just need to figure out how to symlink (for lack of the proper term) the scenery config to the online resource. Of course you'd need fast Internet speed and bandwidth.

I'm not sure how "FS-Fail-2020" does it, but I'm sure you could download all their scenery world-wide and off load it to your own AWS instance. Now you are free from Microsoft ASNs.

You can actually do this with Google fonts for websites.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

The screen is Google Earth I'm looking at in my browser while I'm at cruise in FS9.

It's better than looking at Bing maps as MSFS users do and I don't have to lose my real flight sim to look at Google Earth.

It's the only way to explore a realistic world and flight sim at the same time!

The people using MSFS only get to look at the poorer Bing maps, they have no flight simulator whatsoever and they are paying a fortune for this set up! lol

I hope this post helps someone. Long live FS9!

Edited by DominicS
Mark Daniels

People stopped using default FS2004 since about 2005. *head scratch. Lots of fancy texture upgrades and add-ons now.

I see it with my default FS straight out of the box. No fancy texture upgrades or add-ons.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Great screenshot btw!

Thanks!

You notice we just have fun with them when they come to our forum but when we go to their forum they say really nasty things to us?

That's because we are so happy and not frustrated with our sim we simply can't get upset. We just have fun! No computers thrown out windows by members of this forum! lol

Mark Daniels