My aircraft looks like it is getting ready to enter the Twilight Zone?

Downwind66

I suppose any thing is capable these days? Any suggestions on what caused this? Happened on a final approach at dusk, 1637! I changed the time clock back to afternoon hours and all was good again! This is a first for me, so I am at a loss as to where to begin?

2020-12-18_16-31-24-984.jpg

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Rick :cool:

Never mind, I tried 2 different freeware downloads by the same modeler and painter, and they are both the same issue. Tried some of my existing aircraft and all is good!

These 2 downloads can go to the twilight zone for all I care. I have since deleted them and moving on to another! That's what is great about freeware!

Thanks anyway! Rick :cool:

Tell me about it! But, the weirdies always find themselves in File 13, not going to fight them anymore!

You ready for Santa next week?

Have a nice holiday Charlie and be safe out there!

Rick :cool:

Thanks! You too, Rick! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Did you know that the Twilight Zone exists between the vertical blanking interval (VBI) on your TV and that next annoying pill commercial with an ultra sound blip that informs your smartphone what Ad you're watching? LOL!

My tinfoil hat is gold plated and studded with the most precious gems known to man. But here are my sources to make you think. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_blanking_interval

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/11/your-phone-is-literally-listening-to-your-tv/416712/

The Twilight Zone? More like the Outer Limits.

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

Refer to the X-Files episode called Wetwired.

I preferred Rod Serling's Night Gallery
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thats the new cloaking device....:)

When I was around 15 I had an idea for a clocking ability using small cameras all around you and a screen that showed what was on the opposite side. So the front cameras would show the back, and the back cameras showed what was in front, etc. Then about a year or two latter while in the grocery store magazine aisle, I was reading a Popular Science or Popular Mechanics magazine where this idea was presented. Now several years ago I read a brief headline that the military is or was experimenting with the same technology for tanks.

With how small cameras are now-a-days and display technology, it makes sense that it'd be a very real possibility. The screen could in theory be some kind of e-ink that has color capability. For a tank I don't think the resolution has to be something like 4K or 8K. That e-ink membrane should be IR shielding as well. But RF will be used by an adversary so prepare for that as well. Crap, I think they already due have radar for tank detecting. I'm really not sure.

Now fast forward some 25 years and I have an idea to detect stealth (low-visibility) aircraft and a new technology for subs which I shall not mention. I can't even patent this stuff because I don't want other countries knowing about it. Especially the Chinese, Russians, Iran, Pakistan, you name it. Haven't even wrote it down. I do run a tight computer ship in every sense of the word along with FDE so if I want to document it I guess I could. But my own memory has served me well. I need a PGP public key for an email address from a DoD higher up to let them know. My ideas are just that, an idea. Whether it's viable or even works would be another matter. I just know that if I can think it, it's been thought of before. But detecting stealth aircraft would be a massive game changer and I don't want to see some schmuck adversary have that technology. Especially with what I call a divide and conquer strategy of selling F-35s to our allies. If we ever went to war with China they'd find themselves on the losing end and have no choice in suiciding themselves with a nuke launch. Then we launch.

Anyway, I'm an inventor of sorts and can think of all kinds of stuff. I see there's a guy who made another idea of mine. He's got a website for it, but mine is a little different but he's got the concept there.

Real clocking lies in Eisenstein's field equations...

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

sorry you are very mistaken this is the alternate ending of the Stephen King's The Langoliers lol

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I remember that back then being advertised here in the U.S. It was the same idea I had. Tanks, planes and helicopters could benefit from it. Like I said, I'm pretty sure the U.S. Army was messing around with this idea at least twenty years ago, but I don't know if they decided to scrap it or not. If they did scrap it I'd sure like to know why. I can't imagine a better way of complete blending into the background. Edited by CRJ_simpilot