Thread: Landing lights

Exclamation Landing lights

landing lights, tail of plane and passenger how can I copy and paste in planes that do not have?

Unless the model of aircraft is the same, you can't do a simple copy & paste. The lights are positioned according to the datum for the plane in the aircraft.cfg file inside the aircraft's folder. You will have to know the geometry of the aircraft to properly position them.

Read here and here.

Is this plane in the library here? If so, what is its zip file called?

Edit-

I see you used the plural planes. Yeah, you need to know datum reference points. Refer to the two links provided.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 12-18-2020 at 07:04 AM.

Passenger lights? Do you mean lighted passenger windows at night? That would be part of the texture folder. Those are night textures for the aircraft.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Depending on the model, tail and passenger lights can be created very easily. The best way to do this is to look at how the default aircraft do it, and then copy that method.

If you have a product such as MCX, you will be able to examine the lighting of the model and see if it has night lighting in the first place; and the file name (if different from this "standard") in the second. Note that if it doesn't, you are out of luck, as you CANNOT via MCX make changes to a flying model.

The USUAL method is ... In the appropriate texture folder, you will find a texture-name.bmp file and a matching texture-name_L.bmp file. The file with the"_L" suffix is the night lighting for that texture. It is "multiplied together" with the texture name, pixel by pixel, to give you the night time textures.

This will only work if the model specifies night lighting, as per the MCX comment above. If it does not, you are out of luck. Fortunately, most good quality models do.

The one for the default Boeing 737-400 is as good as any to see how this works. Have a look at it and its lighting file and give it a go for your textures. If you need any more help get back here.
    Last edited by old_wombat; 12-22-2020 at 11:01 PM.
    Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Can you provide a link to this MCX product? I know MCX is a connector for RF so that'll show up in Google I'm sure. If I enter MCX flight simulator I get Redbird's full simulation products.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thanks. I see that would help to see the datum for light positions. This may come in handy for me if I ever do what the OP is trying to do again. For me it was just trial and error. LOL

So I know MDLs can be protected, but you can at least view them in MCX? I'm speaking of course with aircraft and not scenery objects.

Edit -

And I see Wombat answered my question.

as you CANNOT via MCX make changes to a flying model.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 12-24-2020 at 05:37 PM.

You can certainly view them in MCX. No problem at all.

In fact, when doing new textures, this is the best tool to use of all. Because you can change your texture file and then do a "reload textures". Which is "almost" instantaneous.
    Last edited by old_wombat; 12-25-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Hi,

You can also do edits to the aircraft.cfg (lights, contact point... ) from within MCX (version 1.4) and view the changes right away.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxVPI0IVSz0

DDP.

Have you moved forward? Do you have any progress to report?