Can I run 2020 without internet?

I just tried again by going into the Network Connections control panel and disabling both my Ethernet and WiFi network adapters. While there was an error message about not being able to verify my Xbox account when the sim first opened, it continued to launch and I was able to start a flight. It also disabled the online features automatically, so I don't think you need to do that yourself before hand.

You don't seem to understand what I've been saying or what dogdish said

I do understand what you are saying. I merely was trying to help by making suggestions and setting out exactly what I did which works. I spent heaps of my time trying to assist.

I have "buttoned my lip" for eternity!

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I just tried again by going into the Network Connections control panel and disabling both my Ethernet and WiFi network adapters. While there was an error message about not being able to verify my Xbox account when the sim first opened, it continued to launch and I was able to start a flight. It also disabled the online features automatically, so I don't think you need to do that yourself before hand.

Hello Loki, good to 'hear' from you.

Even though I don't have any real issues (only trying to assist) I tried what you stated (disabled ethernet and wifi network) BUT MSFS2020 will not start advising me to insert disk 1. Only if I have online functionality set to OFF will it start with them disabled.

I downloaded and installed 'standard' MSFS2020 from the 'Australian' Microsoft store - https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/microsoft-flight-simulator-standard/9nxn8gf8n9ht?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Could it be that you have a different version installed?

John

For the record, I downloaded the Premium Deluxe from Microsoft Store after the first update. Naturally have installed latest update.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

For the record, I downloaded the Premium Deluxe from Microsoft Store after the first update. Naturally have installed latest update.

I replying to Loki and referring to the version he uses.

This is getting more strange since Loki appears to not have any problems regardless of of settings and internet.

John

I have the sim through Game Pass, so maybe there's a difference. Wouldn't think there would be a difference though as it is still downloaded and authenticated through the Microsoft Store. Not sure how much of this issue is with MSFS itself, and how much is with the Microsoft store authentication side as others have had similar issues with other games downloaded through the Store.

• 2 years later...

Yes and No, If you want to install and setup the game for first time then you have to have internet connection of course.  Yes you can play offline once the game is installed and it is assigned for 

offline play option is enabled in the MS Store.

The offline gaming option is in the Xbox App on your PC, in the Settings/General window:

spacer.png

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64