Thread: Question about AI

Default Question about AI

If the AI is set to depart from an airport which by default has no parking spaces, and I have no Scenery for. Will the Traffic spawn and depart and fly its flight plan?
    H Jones

You won't see the AI taking off. But you will see it in Traffic Toolbox flying within the visibilty radius of starting and landing point. Even if there are no Afcad at both sites. Nevertheless traffic will be activated.

Bernard

Ahh, fantastic, good to know my hundreds of flight plans can still work then (happy Eurofighter noises )

I'm not sure you would see it within the 108 NM radius of the departure airport, but you would see it outside that area. And if the AI got reloaded for any reason after departure time it would appear flying.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

I have fired up AFCAD to create some fictional parking spaces for the airports, on my 12th at the moment, might publish them here as even though they aren't correct to real world they will allow AI to operate from the bases! Mostly UK RAF Bases

This AI biplane is scheduled for flying from Tobago TTCP to Pittsburgh KPIT. A third party GW3 traffic, BTW! Anyway, it started from an airport just in the background and for which my FS9 vintage version has no Afcad. It neither appears in Airport Library. The same occurs for the final destination at Pittsburgh, as I deleted all default Afcad. So the airplane is shown in a very smaller radius too.

Bernard

Did you sit at this location from *well before departure* until the time pictured? If not, then you loaded into that location after departure time and thus reloaded the AI traffic, just as I stated.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

@ Rescue 936...

You may be interested in looking at this WEBSITE...

Its contains lots of military based AI packages, scenery, etc, including a number of UK bases (current and closed) such as Coningsby, Marham, Valley, Leeming, Lossie, Kinloss, Linton plus USAF bases such as Lakenheath and Mildenhall, just to name a few.

Some of the scenery is basic updates to FS2004 defaults whilst others are a complete rebuild with custom scenery.

You can freely browse the website to see whats on offer but you must have a free registered account to download
    Regards

Brian

Thank you.
    Had a look, really like their stuff, going to get some Harriers installed now 😃😃

anytime you have ai that needs to use airport with no parking spots use afcad and add spots...shouldnt take much time