Ultimate Terrain Question PLEASE?

pcohen

Hello everybody, have had this Posted in the Scenery Forum for a while now but had no response. Can somebody help with this Please.

Looking to spread my Wings (Excuse the Bad Pun) I am looking at the following Software to Purchase.

However, Neither mention the United Kingdom in their Description but as there is no mention of UT UK

I am guessing it must be Included in the Two Products below, the First of Which, Is compatable with

Flight Simulator X Steam Edition but not sure about Ground Enviroment EUROPE?

My Question is Please? Would Flight Simulator X Steam Edition be OK on It's own or what advantages If I Purchase both Items, if the second Item is Compatible.

Also, more Importantly can you have more than One Ultimate Terrain Installed in FSX?

Hope this lot makes some Sense?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Hey Paul! Since you are now comfortable with using UTX USA now you should be fine with UTX Europe. Flight One mentions it is compatible with FSX Steam in the Download Information section.

https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxeurope

You will have a separate UTX Europe setup tool that will not conflict with UTX USA's setup tool. If I were you, when flying in Europe only (not "crossing the pond" for example), I would use the USA tool to disable USA so you save some loading time. Also see if you can uncheck UTX USA sceneries in FSX's Scenery Library tool to save on memory available for FSX. And if you fly in USA only do the same thing for Europe. Does that make sense?

As for the quality, I'll let others weigh in. :-) I liked UTX USA a lot before I switched to Orbx.

Hello again, thanks for reply.

You made no mention of Ground Enviroment EUROPE! Whether this will run with UTX Europe or whether It Is compatible or not?

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Sorry I overlooked that one. GEX and UTX are actually designed to work together and are sold by the same distributor. GEX replaces the textures to make the sim look better and UTX makes the sim look more accurate. I used both GEX USA and UTX USA together before I moved on to Orbx.

Sorry I overlooked that one. GEX and UTX are actually designed to work together and are sold by the same distributor. GEX replaces the textures to make the sim look better and UTX makes the sim look more accurate. I used both GEX USA and UTX USA together before I moved on to Orbx.

I bailed on UT and GEX and went to ORBX while I still was flying FSX. Can't remember why but I didn't tind either accurate. And I bet you don't for Wrexham either.

There are no such issues with ORBX, which I still use to this day, almost 10 sim versions later.

Suggest reviewing each individually, and together, to see if they meet your expectations...

Hi TextRich, Thanks For Reply.

Will give it some thought thanks, but think I will Investigate your Orbx Site First before deciding which way to go with FSX Looks very Interesting.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Any questions about Orbx, feel free to post here or PM me. I have several Orbx add-ons now. It costs "more" now since you are paying for global coverage rather than regional coverage, but it costs "less" later on when you don't need to buy that many regions if you fly all over the world. With GEX and UTX you pay twice if you want each region to look good. So if you want to save money and you don't dream of flying in any other continent, stick with GEX+UTX. Otherwise invest in Orbx, which is also compatible with Prepar3D I believe.

I have:

-BASE Pack (basically worldwide GEX)

-VECTOR (basically worldwide UTX)

-Buildings HD (newer add-on that makes the autogen buildings look better)

-openLC North America (only non-worldwide Orbx add-on for me. LC = landclass - similar to SceneryTech or XClass that GEX+UTX do not have by default. Makes the appearance of cities and vegetation more accurate)

Orbx does throw in a few freebies such as Pacific Northwest Demo, North America General Aviation AI Traffic (I get lots of AI planes not in the default simulator), and Global Airport Pack (it updates my real-world flight school's airport!). Download Orbx Central, install them, and give them a try if you wish.

For a complete FSX scenery you ideally want textures (GEX or BASE), vectors (UTX or VECTORS), landclass (Orbx's openLC, SceneryTech, or XClass), and finally terrain mesh. Orbx regions has them but otherwise FreeMeshX is a popular freeware choice. Do you research as GEX+UTX may cover regions that Orbx does not (yet). For instance Orbx finally finished openLC Africa earlier this year.

Hi TextRich, thanks for that, will certainly take a look.

Meanwhile, I have found some Older scenery Files "Birds Eye View and FS Scenes 2004" On One of My Old Back-Up Disks.

But am guessing these are out of Date, or Would they possible work Please?

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

I have never tried installing FS9 sceneries into FSX. These two threads may give you some ideas. You may want to go ahead and try and be ready to uninstall it if it doesn't work.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/479049-can-you-install-fs9-scenery-into-fsx/

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?235122-How-to-install-FS2004-Scenery-on-FSX-Help-amp-Guideance

Any questions about Orbx, feel free to post here or PM me. I have several Orbx add-ons now. It costs "more" now since you are paying for global coverage rather than regional coverage, but it costs "less" later on when you don't need to buy that many regions if you fly all over the world. With GEX and UTX you pay twice if you want each region to look good. So if you want to save money and you don't dream of flying in any other continent, stick with GEX+UTX. Otherwise invest in Orbx, which is also compatible with Prepar3D I believe.

I have:

-BASE Pack (basically worldwide GEX)

-VECTOR (basically worldwide UTX)

-Buildings HD (newer add-on that makes the autogen buildings look better)

-openLC North America (only non-worldwide Orbx add-on for me. LC = landclass - similar to SceneryTech or XClass that GEX+UTX do not have by default. Makes the appearance of cities and vegetation more accurate)

Orbx does throw in a few freebies such as Pacific Northwest Demo, North America General Aviation AI Traffic (I get lots of AI planes not in the default simulator), and Global Airport Pack (it updates my real-world flight school's airport!). Download Orbx Central, install them, and give them a try if you wish.

For a complete FSX scenery you ideally want textures (GEX or BASE), vectors (UTX or VECTORS), landclass (Orbx's openLC, SceneryTech, or XClass), and finally terrain mesh. Orbx regions has them but otherwise FreeMeshX is a popular freeware choice. Do you research as GEX+UTX may cover regions that Orbx does not (yet). For instance Orbx finally finished openLC Africa earlier this year.

FWIW I have uninstalled Vector from my ORBX setup, haviing installed True Earth England (all three regions). Ideal for England and Scotland, but not Ireland.

Curiously, could find no benefit from Vector in France, and England is of course covered. I also use Free MeshX.

I have no use for Africa in my sim setup.

Be very careful about use of ANY FS2004 scenery in FSX, and only install what you can remove!

Hi, Thanks for reply. Mega Issues With steam at the moment, Whole rhing seems to have gone up the creek.

Will get back to you!!

Thanks[

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Well everybody, NOT Having a good Day at all.

First, for whatever reason "Steam" gave up the Ghost. Had the whole lot to Reinstall'

Second Downloaded the wrong Ultimate Terrain Europe 2, downloaded

"Ground Environment" By mistake.

And guess what still having Issues with Visual Basic although they were reInstalled.

Think I'm giving up for Today.

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hello Paul

I am not an FSX user, but have followed your post with interest .

At one point you did seem to have got FSX (steam?) Up and running,if you could get to that point again ,why not just get some flight time in ,enjoy the sim, make sure in its basic form it works correctly and have some fun, THEN! think about add-ons sceneries ,aircraft etc etc

You can't give up now ,not after this epic post.

Cheers Andy

Hi Andy, Sorry, Missed this Post.

FSX - SE, Ultimate Terrain - USA 2 & Ultimate Terrain - EUROPE 2 are now all working perfectly well.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.