How do you change FlyBy camera position?

cowbananas

I'm trying to change the point where the virtual camera in FlyBy view is located. At present, I'm way above the aircraft as it flies past. I can change the distance no problem, it's the vertical axis I'm struggling with. I'm using keyboard and mouse, no external hardware.

Thanks.

TextRich, thank you for replying. I had a look at the post you suggested and will give it a go.

I am somewhat wary about editing cfg files within the FSX root structure. I did that two weeks ago and had to reinstall everything despite a backup of the file.

Make sure your base FSX folder is not in /Program Files/ or /Program Files x86/. If you use the Steam edition, change the install directory outside of those two folders. Those two folders are often write-protected by Windows and edits may not always register.

I have FSX with the acceleration pack (not Steam) and it's installed on my D drive in a "Microsoft Games" folder I created for the complete FSX install, so it reads D/Microsoft Games/FSX.

I'm hoping that should be ok.

Is it not a bit strange that you can alter the camera altitude in the other external 'view' options but not in FlyBy?