lost control issue - mouse in open window

Has any one else noticed that when your on a climb or windy conditions, if you move your mouse onto an open window like the nav window, or the flight log window when flying a bush trip, that the aircraft reacts like no one is at the control? Even when flying at altitude, in clear skies, when you move your mouse to scroll the text, or use the "get back on track" , the aircraft drifts. Also if you accidentally leave your mouse in an open window, the yoke does not work at all!

This may be related to an issue reported using the A/P, because that would also include moving the mouse onto an open window.

Is there a cure for this?

can anyone else confirm this ?

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I deleted all my mouse view assignments (I use my hat switch and keyboard instead) and I don't have this problem.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've noticed something similar, when I click into any window as you described, the flight controls sometimes become unresponsive. The fix is easy: just click anywhere on the main window and control is re-established.
Flight Simmer since 2001 - Host of Flight Sim School, a YouTube channel that teaches newcomers to MSFS all the details they need to enjoy the game at it's fullest.

Is there a cure for this?

can anyone else confirm this ?

I can confirm that when the mouse moves into a different monitor window (like where the G3X has been relocated), the aircraft behaves as if all flight control inputs are removed. If the aircraft is trimmed properly, it will carry on more or less ok for a few seconds to a minute or more (depends on how well trimmed and how bumpy the ride). Autopilot will keep everything running well since it has active control and is my primary use for AP, to actively control the aircraft while I operate the nav and coms.

I deleted all my mouse view assignments (I use my hat switch and keyboard instead) and I don't have this problem.

Tim, can you try taking off in the 172 (either), with the vfr map open... start your climb, them just move your mouse into the vfr window, and watch what happens to the aircraft... mine act like all controls have been shut off, and the plane just dives into the ground.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Tim, can you try taking off in the 172 (either), with the vfr map open... start your climb, them just move your mouse into the vfr window, and watch what happens to the aircraft... mine act like all controls have been shut off, and the plane just dives into the ground.

I just tried it in the 172 steam gauge version, no problems. I tried clicking in the VFR map window just to be sure, and the plane still responded to yoke and rudder controls as normal. If this isn't down to the mouse control assignments causing a conflict (again I deleted all mine), I wonder if it's the graphics settings? My MSFS resolution is the same as my monitor's default, 3840x2160, Global Rendering Quality is Medium, V-Sync is Off, Frame Rate Limit is 20, Render Scaling is 50 and Anti-Aliasing is TAA.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hmmm.. thats interesting... the thing is, just moving the mouse - not even clicking anything - causes Yoke control to be completely unresponsive. Not sure how mouse control assignment would be able to detect the mouses location on the screen, but I'll check thru just to be sure. I fly using the yoke primarily, but also use the mouse and some keyboard assignments.

I'm running my monitor one step down from 3440x1400 to 2560x1080, but it also does this on the higher setting. It's had this problem whichever settings I use.

It also did this on the previous graphics card RTX 2060 S. Using a RTX 3070 now.

It would seem to me that the application is detecting that my mouse is within the boundaries of a layered window, and for some reason, not freezing the controls as is, but resetting them to zero. Once I move the mouse out of the over-layed window, yoke controls return.

It's a standard CH Products FlightSim Yoke - no pedals (thus the keyboard rudder control).

Yes it seems that the mouse assignments have priority over other controller assignments. It took me a good half hour to delete all of mine, and I didn't make a back-up at the time so it would be pain to re-assign them again, but you could try deleting the mouse assignments you don't use and see if that cures it.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

This is a known issue. I have a thread about it here back a few pages. Don't know how to insert a link to the thread though.

You will find that it only happens when you undock the window (ATC VFR map etc) to move it to another monitor. If you do not undock the window then there is no control loss. You do not have to move the window, just undock it as if you are going to move it.

If you undock the window (ATC VFR map etc), just moving the mouse to the area covered by the undocked window will cause the issue. As soon as the mouse leaves the area of the window control is regained.

I posted a couple of videos showing the issue in the other thread.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Hal...

excellent info... thank you. But I am only using one monitor.

Instead or in addition... I found out if you switch OFF the "VFR Map UI Panel - open at start" in Options/Assistance/User Preference, then turn them on once your ready to fly (on runway. after "Fly") controls are maintained even if you move the mouse into the Window.

to that end, you should switch all the UI Panels at start to OFF.

another problem self-solved, after asking for assistance :)