Simulator P3d v4.5 update

renzolino

Hello, I'm Marcolungo Renzo -

Hello everyone I wanted to ask how I can proceed to update my simulator:

Prepar3d_v4_Academic-4.5.12.30293

installed on 25-07-2019

I can directly update just the Client:

third hotfix for Prepar3D v4.5 (4.5.14.34698) ??

Once I have downloaded the affected file, can I just uninstall the old Client and install the new one?

I have never updated and would not like to find it difficult.

Thanks I await your advice.

Hi Renzo

Hello, I'm Marcolungo Renzo -

Hello everyone I wanted to ask how I can proceed to update my simulator:

Prepar3d_v4_Academic-4.5.12.30293

installed on 25-07-2019

I can directly update just the Client:

third hotfix for Prepar3D v4.5 (4.5.14.34698) ??

Once I have downloaded the affected file, can I just uninstall the old Client and install the new one?

I have never updated and would not like to find it difficult.

Thanks I await your advice.

Hi Renzo

5.1 is NOT 4.5.

You cannot JUST `download the client`, although this is an option if you have v5.x

From 4.5 you have to make a new purchase. Then install the Clent, Content and Scenery. This gives you all the benefits of the upgrade.

Renzo,

You are absolutely right in that you can download the v. 4.5 HF3 client, uninstall your present client only and then install the new client. That is how I updated my own v. 4 myself.

And, as Mallcott says, you cannot download the v. 5.1 client for this, that will not work at all. V. 5 is a new product and a new purchase.

Jorgen

Ok ... for now I'm only interested in updating v 4.5,

I don't care about version 5.1

So I just uninstall the original Client and install this

Prepar3D Client v4.5 4.5.14.34698 (which is the third hotfix of version 4.5)

I hope this operation does not cause any problems or conflicts in the simulator.

Thanks

Let me put it like this: since v. 4.3 I have only updated the client every time a new client came out, so upgraded to v. 4.4, v. 4.5 and the 3 hotfixes to v. 4.5 that way. No problems encountered.

Jorgen

Ok Jorgen ... so do you recommend me to download Hotfix 1, Hotfix 2 and Hotfix 3 in sequence?

Or just Hotfix 3 is enough?

Yes I downloaded Install_Client.msi 4.5.14.34698

... then I proceed with this

Thanks Jorgen and thanks to Mallcott

Hello

Great guys ...

Update performed correctly, I have tried the simulator and it does not present any problems, indeed I have also seen the announced improvements.

Again thank you for your help

Hi Renzo

Sono contento che ora sia tutto OK Renzo. Come hai imparato, l'aggiornamento è un'operazione semplice. Torna di nuovo se hai altre domande. Ciao ..... Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Just a minor correction Jorgen. That should be "due birra Carlsberg". Everyone knows that two are better than one........
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Well, once when I was still working in the U.S., I was on the phone with the Policia Nacional de Panama, and while waiting for a translator to come on the phone I said to the guy on the other end that I apologized for not knowing much more Spanish than "Dos Coronas, pro favor", and he said that I would get a lot of amigos in Panama with that vocabulary.....

Jorgen

5.1 is NOT 4.5.

You cannot JUST `download the client`, although this is an option if you have v5.x

From 4.5 you have to make a new purchase. Then install the Clent, Content and Scenery. This gives you all the benefits of the upgrade.

Just noticed how people reads the forums, renzolino hasn't mentioned P3D v5.

This gentleman only wants to update v4.

You add v5 to the discussion, is deviating the question, also jorgen..etc. has followed your distraction.

Just noticed how people reads the forums, renzolino hasn't mentioned P3D v5.

This gentleman only wants to update v4.

You add v5 to the discussion, is deviating the question, also jorgen..etc. has followed your distraction.

I think not.

Allow me to quote what I posted this earlier in the thread:

"Download HF3 only - it contains all the previous versions.

HF3 is version 4.5.14."

So Renzo updated to that version, and all is well.

Jorgen

Edited by jorgen.s.andersen

I think not.

Allow me to quote what I posted this earlier in the thread:

"Download HF3 only - it contains all the previous versions.

HF3 is version 4.5.14."

So Renzo updated to that version, and all is well.

Jorgen

I read it he was looking at various options, and I wished only to disillusion the possibility of any `simple` 5.1 upgrade.

So no harm done, then or now!