Level-D 767: Not recognizing SIDS & STARS after reinstall on new system

Qballbandit

Hello, and hoping Level-D 767 flyers may be able to offer some suggestions -

On my new WIN10 gaming machine, I have everything working after some minor challenges, including my LD767 suite, sans one issue.

The one thing I can't seem to figure out is why the FMC is not recognizing SIDS/STARS. I am confident that everything was carried over from my WIN7 system to the WIN10 system, and can't see why the FMC doesn't see these files.

I can load all of my saved flight plans, all waypoints, etc. seem to exist, but when selecting my destination runway, for example, it plugs the runway at the end of the flight plan with no choices for STARS, and nothing entered in for the missed approach procedures, which I used to see.

Looking for confirmation as to where this information is stored from a file standpoint, so I can recheck the WIN7 system to see if I can lift it and get it on the WIN10 system.

Thanks very much for any suggestions! :)

Neil

Hello Luke, and thanks very much for your reply.

That's the thing - I have compared those folders on both systems, and they contain the same files, with the same dates/sizes, etc., so I don't understand why the FMC isn't recognizing that they do indeed exist.

Hmmmm......

Neil

edit: this is FS9, but the folder path is the same.

Edited by Qballbandit

I have a qualitywings 757, and there was an issue where if the "latha" font isn't installed (Which is allegedly not native to Windows 10), I can't access data from arrival/departure in the FMC. I wonder if it could be related? It's an easy fix if so. Edited by djfierce

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I'm running FS2002 and FS2004, but I also run them on Win10. Have you tried any different "compatibility modes"? Sometimes, Win10 gets really picky when installed software has to share information, like a SID/STAR database that has to load into the sim.

I have a couple of "outside" program and data sets for both sims and sometimes you have to set the comp mode to a different version of Windows than you have set for FS.

Sometimes, you can look into how old the program is and guess at the right comp mode. Sometimes, you just have to keep trying until you find the right comp mode. You may also need to turn on ADMIN for one or both programs, but this is usually my last option.

If you're sure FS and your other programs are trying to "talk" to each other but it isn't happening, I would bet the farm its a compatibility mode issue.

I hope this helped and good luck. :pilot:

I will have a look - thanks Steve!!!

I did look at other posts there, but missed that piece. Tried running without AV on, I already have UAC off, tried comp mode with WIN7 & WINXP - all to no avail.

I'll let you know :)

Neil

Edit: SUCCESS! Installing the XML file did the trick. I see SIDS/STARS, etc. Now..lol, I have this new AIRAC file, and apparently some outdated airports where runway numbers don't match, but I'll deal with this over the prior issue. Thanks again Steve! :)

Edited by Qballbandit

• 6 months later...
People that are using Level-D 767 for FS9 , which version of Windows 10..... 32-bit or 64-bit version

Thanks

64. I have it and it works fine except for the lack of SID/STARS. I haven’t downloaded the required MSXMl file yet. I haven’t found it online either way. Plus I wondered if installing an older one on W10 meses anything up.

I love my Level-D so I hope the fix is easy.

I had the same problem of no SID/STAR in the Window7. It installed properly,but not showing in the FMS . MSXML 4.0 did the trick but don't know if it would solve the problem in Windows 10

I haven't' downloaded it as I don't like installing old things not listed for W10 so I'm a bit scared. the 767 in W10 is pretty unstable. Lots of CTDs making it basically unusable for me.

If I don’t select the VC option it’s a little more stable. I have to go back to window mode to see the engineering options. If I press Q for sound off, I get all the cockpit sounds but no engine sounds. If i have the sound on in the sim, I get the engine sound but no cockpit sounds - Apu/ac, flaps etc.

Awesome. Lol.

My love for W10 remains the same as when I first used it a year ago. I still hate it. W7 so much better.

Edited by JSMR

My love for W10 remains the same as when I first used it a year ago. I still hate it. W7 so much better.

And that is why I still use Win 7 and will run FS9 on Win 7 till the end of my time!

Look at it this way, don't go too hard on Win 10, Win 11 is coming and things can only get worse!

Mark Daniels