Level-D 767: Not recognizing SIDS & STARS after reinstall on new system

Qballbandit

Supposedly the fix for the freezes using Windows 10 is to install the PMDG 737. That's a strange one.

Ok I think whenever I select a cold and dark option, then when I get issues. Starting with engines on, then switching them off and only that seems to work. Then selecting the overhead, pedestal and fmc in window mode first BEFORE going to full screen seems to work. Although I wait until after I select the engineering pushback option as it doesn’t display the box in full screen.

So far so good. Not perfect but I may be able to complete a flight in the 767 after all.

Ok I think whenever I select a cold and dark option, then when I get issues. Starting with engines on, then switching them off and only that seems to work. Then selecting the overhead, pedestal and fmc in window mode first BEFORE going to full screen seems to work. Although I wait until after I select the engineering pushback option as it doesn’t display the box in full screen.

So far so good. Not perfect but I may be able to complete a flight in the 767 after all.

Where's Robin gone to tell us how good Windows 10 is??? lol

Mark Daniels

Well 10 is not my favourite for flight simming. Although it does do most things well and mostly all add-ons work with it. Perhaps its just developers not wanting to spend any time patching it for 10. You'd think it wouldn't take much for extra $$$ though.

Legs Eleven!!! Pass for now.

Edit : I did complete a long haul flight in the 767. Didn't have any issues I reported earlier apart from not seeing the menu when calling the engineer etc except in windows mode. Just mean Alt Entering back and forward.

Sound was ok. Still no SID/STARS because I;m scared to download the XSML thiny. I know I'm a baby.

But one can enter the SID/STAR waypoints in manually anyway or if it doesnt accept it then the LAT/LONG works too.

Arrived KORD high and hot - my usual arrivals :p - but managed a reasonable landing half way down the runway. :D

Happy days as my Level-D 767 is back in action!!

Edited by JSMR

My post, so I'll reply - I downloaded the XML thing and all of my SIDS/STARS work just fine now.

Out of curiosity, where did you find it? MS has gone out of their way to make MSXML4 hard to find.

No other WIN10 issues to report - LD767 runs exactly as it did for me on WIN7.

Not surprising to hear. Glad you got it resolved.

Cheers!

Luke

I don't remember where I downloaded it from - may have been a link provided within the LD forum??

I run in Full Screen mode. Never have run Windowed mode under any OS since FS2004 was released.

Neil

Yeah I got it from CNET.

What about when you press the engineer button for external power, pushback etc? Do you see the box that comes up?

I only see it if I alt enter back to windowed mode. Full screen for that doesn't work.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...