Nav/gps switch not working on cj4

There's a second NAV switch on the top left of the switch panel above the MFD. It has NAV and an up/down arrow printed on it. This toggles the standby NAV frequency in the FMC to active NAV frequency.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

There's a second NAV switch on the top left of the switch panel above the MFD. It has NAV and an up/down arrow printed on it. This toggles the standby NAV frequency in the FMC to active NAV frequency.

Ok thanks. I'll look into that.

I tried that switch , but it only toggles between the active frequency and the standby. When I do an apr it brings up the localizer arrows but not gs.

If you've entered the correct frequency for that approach, the glideslope diamond should appear on the right margin of the pitch ladder. Not all approaches have glideslopes though, it might be worth a check!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I can't get the nav mode to switch to nav on the cj4. When I try to switch it, it temporarily goes to vor, but then goes back to FMS ENR.

It seems to work ok for me. I just tried a short trip from KSJC 30L to KSFO 28L. ILS is 109.55 and it shows both localizer (bars) and glideslope (diamond). This was managing the frequency and PFD display myself.

I tried the same flight and loaded the Approach for 28L via EDDY transition in the MFD rather than manually doing the frequency. The PFD says its using FMS, but it shows the localizer and glideslope diamonds. Switching PFD to VOR1 shows the localizer bar and glideslope diamond.

Hope this helps.

Why don't any of the CJ4 jockeys complain about the lack of a speed brake setting in the FS controls? Landing is kind of a busy time to be switching back and forth to the cockpit view. Or do CJ pilots seldom use speed brakes?
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

It seems to work ok for me. I just tried a short trip from KSJC 30L to KSFO 28L. ILS is 109.55 and it shows both localizer (bars) and glideslope (diamond). This was managing the frequency and PFD display myself.

I tried the same flight and loaded the Approach for 28L via EDDY transition in the MFD rather than manually doing the frequency. The PFD says its using FMS, but it shows the localizer and glideslope diamonds. Switching PFD to VOR1 shows the localizer bar and glideslope diamond.

Hope this helps.

Are the localized and glide slope diamonds green? That's what I'm looking for. I'm not loading an approach.

Sorry the CJ4's localizer and glideslope diamonds are magenta (pink), here they are in action:

cj4.jpeg

If you're not seeing the glideslope diamond on approach, you could be too high. You need to be at or below 3000ft at least 7 miles from the runway.

Edited by tiger1962

Sorry the CJ4's localizer and glideslope diamonds are magenta (pink), here they are in action:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224162[/ATTACH]

If you're not seeing the glideslope diamond on approach, you could be too high. You need to be at or below 3000ft at least 7 miles from the runway.

Ok I finally got it to work. It was that nav switch with the arrow you were talking about. The diamonds are magenta. Thanks for your help. I have a few other planes with the same problem, hopefully this will help me sort those out too. Thanks again!