Embarrassment having to land and ask directions due to being lost

JSMR

Wrong way Corrigan? :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You go down to the old Finnegan place , he doesn't live there any more, turn up the left fork, then at the old well with a red pump you veer right. go to the DX station, it is now a JiffyMart, but everybody calls it the DX, take another right. There is a big rock about 1/2 mile down the road, you can see it from there.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

In the good old days before GPS pilots were known to fly low enough over roads to read the signs. When I was doing my first solo cross country my instructor said to just fly a straight runway heading until I came to the Interstate, take a right, and follow it until I could pick up my destination VOR. So that's the way I mapped and flew it. His thinking was that there was no point in over complicating my first solo long trip out of the nest and he was right. I could relax and concentrate on flying the plane.
Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot:

In the good old days before GPS pilots were known to fly low enough over roads to read the signs. When I was doing my first solo cross country my instructor said to just fly a straight runway heading until I came to the Interstate, take a right, and follow it until I could pick up my destination VOR. So that's the way I mapped and flew it. His thinking was that there was no point in over complicating my first solo long trip out of the nest and he was right. I could relax and concentrate on flying the plane.

My early x-country was over featureless land in Florida (in the days before GPS became common). I asked a pilot how he got to know the area and he gave me advice to use a major road, and follow it until I spotted an airport or feature I could recognise, and navigate from there..

Later on, I mastered GPS Navigation and that was revelatory.

Never had a problem in the wee UK after that, despite congested airspace... `Left side` on all corridors was the watchword at the time, meaning you only needed to look out the right side for feature recognition, and passing traffic, except helos.

Never had an airmiss to this day, but seen dozens in close proximity to airfields...

You go down to the old Finnegan place , he doesn't live there any more, turn up the left fork, then at the old well with a red pump you veer right. go to the DX station, it is now a JiffyMart, but everybody calls it the DX, take another right. There is a big rock about 1/2 mile down the road, you can see it from there.

That’s gold. 👍🏼 :D