Why aren't there any freeware A320neo models?

Airplane

As the title suggests, why aren't there any neo models? :p

Without sounding arrogant and with all due respect, it's kind of baffling how I can't find a range of any A320neo/A319neo freeware aircraft. Perhaps somebody could guide me to some?

Baffling because with the other popular new aircraft models (A350/A220/B787/B747-8), I saw "test" models coming out quite soon that were developed by amazing people after the real aircraft took to the skies! And it's been so long since the neo fleet have been in service and I can't find any decent model.

• 1 year later...
Still no freeware A320neos...what gives?

When did the NEO become easier? AFAIK it's only as sophisticated as ever. Why would you expect any change, when the World has moved on to MSFS2020, and soon XP12? As far as I'm aware FSX is still outmoded.

Apparently no one has yet decided that they want to put that much work, time and effort into that particular item just to give it away. Freeware is a gift from someone who enjoys what they do, but it is NOT a RIGHT for everyone who sims to have whatever they want done in freeware.

Instead, people should be thankful for the gifts that they receive. Making even the crudest aircraft for a sim involves a tremendous amount of time, effort and application of specialized skills, and is usually at least weeks or months in the making.

So be grateful for the freeware you have available, and quit demanding something that no one has yet chosen to spend that much time and effort into.

BTW, what have you given away lately?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Apparently no one has yet decided that they want to put that much work, time and effort into that particular item just to give it away. Freeware is a gift from someone who enjoys what they do, but it is NOT a RIGHT for everyone who sims to have whatever they want done in freeware.

Instead, people should be thankful for the gifts that they receive. Making even the crudest aircraft for a sim involves a tremendous amount of time, effort and application of specialized skills, and is usually at least weeks or months in the making.

So be grateful for the freeware you have available, and quit demanding something that no one has yet chosen to spend that much time and effort into.

BTW, what have you given away lately?

I did not post this question with a demand in mind; I was genuinely curious to follow up on why there are no NEO models, simple as that. As stated in the beginning of this thread, other aircraft models like the MAX, 787, 747-8i which are equally sophisticated new aircraft with new engines, a new body frame, etc. were recreated as FSX aircraft models rather quickly (TDS made very wonderful models of the 737MAX and 787 series, SkySpirit made an amazing 747-8i) when they had just very recently begun real life passenger revenue service.

And so I was simply pondering that what was it about the NEO series that is so particular to it that the talented developers that our FSX community has, haven't been able to release any NEO aircraft yet.

I am very attentive about the fact that aircraft models take much dedication and plenty of hours spanning weeks, months and sometimes a year or two to create. I'd never "demand" such laborious work from someone. My question was solely from a curious mindset. :)

OK, but we can't hear the tone of your voice or see your smiling face when you make these posts, so

sounds somewhat demanding. Perhaps more careful word choices/phrasing could make a difference in how your posts are perceived.

In any case, the simple answer is that no one has yet chosen to do this beast so far.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 1 year later...

There is one, it's the FAIB A320Neo. You could just transfer the panel, sound and virtual cockpit files from the Project Airbus A320 model to the FAIB A320Neo model, But there's also another A320Neo model. It's this: https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=a320neo&x=0&y=0 But yeah everyone focuses on MSFS now, there isn't much modelers now that makes models for FSX. 

If all else fails, I would try the FAIB model with a good A320 panel and make adjustments to the aircraft.cfg flight dynamics using a known quantity (a good A320 .cfg) and Bob Chicolo's tutorial on tweaking flight dynamics (bobsflightdynamicsrevised.zip) . Time consuming? Very. Tedious? You bet. Interesting and informative? Absolutely. I'm trying this on the UKMIL C-17 trying to update it to real world specs. I guess bottom line here is how bad do you want to save money? For me I love learning more about FSX (since I don't have reliable internet for the more advanced MS stuff). 

• Like 1

In fact, getting any AI aircraft, let alone the A320neo, flyable in your sim takes five minutes at a minimum!

1. You need the model folder, the .air file, and any repaint of your choosing. If you want a good A320neo paint, basically 98% of every A320neo operator is painted for the FAIB model, and the paintkit is easy to learn if you want to try your hand at a repaint that doesn't exist yet.

2. For the aircraft.cfg, panel, and sound, copy over one from any A320 on hand - Aerosoft, ProjectAirbus, iFDG, heck, even the default A321 is (decent) enough. Put in your fltsim entry with the correct details.

3. You're good to go!

For a slightly more realistic experience:

- There is a good CFM LEAP soundpack on here somewhere if you want one.

- In the aircraft.cfg folder, copy the [lights], [contact_points] and [exits] from the original FAIB aircraft.cfg

- The FAIB .air files are generally the best for non-AI flying out of all the AI models out there, but if you do feel that the plane is too fast/slow, you can alter the static_thrust parameter under [Turbine_Engine_Data]

Happy flying! If your PC is too weak to handle the heavier aircraft (or worse, there's no flyable version of an aircraft you want, like the A320/A330neo), try replacing the visual model with the AI one. Your framerate will skyrocket!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There is many reasons why not much freeware is made.
I think you just user guys don't really mind but for a creator , situation now is terrible.

About  Ripping off and modding  guys.
As you can see  above   << https://simviation.com >>'s  there is a A320Neo look object.

But those are never permitted from Project Airbus.
Also see where the engine came from at link under .
It's from X-Plane world.
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/nlne6a/my_free_xplane_mod_being_modified_and_sold_a_p3d/
And read the word of engine's creator. 

Yes even made a model taking more then a year , model will be ripped off.
(I know there was even a case sold at the 3D model market. It happened at payware.)

After a tool which can convert and modify the models appeared , world got really unsafe.
And morale has been broken  by the  SAAD guys too.
https://www.thresholdx.net/article/saad3d
It showed technically  X-Plane -> other sim is possible to convert.
And now can even see a PMDG 737 + Max  engine and putted a price tag on it (Already reported to PMDG)

At this situation , motivation will be less , for us creators ,   even made , will be ripped off.
And some case  modified and merged and putted on some groups paid service.
Why we have to make it ?

This world is now not safe for making a freeware.
Those PA A320 with those Neo engine is just a result of those crimes violating copyrights.

And now FS2020 ... guys around there understands XBOX rules at wrong way and ignored copyrights.
XBOX rule ONLY covers Microsoft products and there is even a limitation.
I never permitted my models to use at FS2020 , no conversion and migration is permitted.
And also stopped supply of new FSX models due of that.
There are guys ported FSX planes (Freeware an payware ) and putted on their closed plane share service which is a paid service.
And doing those inside  Discord.
So now only FS2004 and P3DV4 models are released . (So no TDS A350 for FSX  due of the FS2020.)

Making things in these days  are really hard.
But still feel want , start modeling and be a creator.
That is why I'm  still keep making .
Not only the model .

17 hours ago, igami said:

There is many reasons why not much freeware is made.
I think you just user guys don't really mind but for a creator , situation now is terrible.

About  Ripping off and modding  guys.
As you can see  above   << https://simviation.com >>'s  there is a A320Neo look object.

But those are never permitted from Project Airbus.
Also see where the engine came from at link under .
It's from X-Plane world.
https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/nlne6a/my_free_xplane_mod_being_modified_and_sold_a_p3d/
And read the word of engine's creator. 

Yes even made a model taking more then a year , model will be ripped off.
(I know there was even a case sold at the 3D model market. It happened at payware.)

After a tool which can convert and modify the models appeared , world got really unsafe.
And morale has been broken  by the  SAAD guys too.
https://www.thresholdx.net/article/saad3d
It showed technically  X-Plane -> other sim is possible to convert.
And now can even see a PMDG 737 + Max  engine and putted a price tag on it (Already reported to PMDG)

At this situation , motivation will be less , for us creators ,   even made , will be ripped off.
And some case  modified and merged and putted on some groups paid service.
Why we have to make it ?

This world is now not safe for making a freeware.
Those PA A320 with those Neo engine is just a result of those crimes violating copyrights.

And now FS2020 ... guys around there understands XBOX rules at wrong way and ignored copyrights.
XBOX rule ONLY covers Microsoft products and there is even a limitation.
I never permitted my models to use at FS2020 , no conversion and migration is permitted.
And also stopped supply of new FSX models due of that.
There are guys ported FSX planes (Freeware an payware ) and putted on their closed plane share service which is a paid service.
And doing those inside  Discord.
So now only FS2004 and P3DV4 models are released . (So no TDS A350 for FSX  due of the FS2020.)

Making things in these days  are really hard.
But still feel want , start modeling and be a creator.
That is why I'm  still keep making .
Not only the model .

Yeah, I wish I could learn how to model..

8 minutes ago, Ryubunao1478 said:

Yeah, I wish I could learn how to model..

Yes please.
If need a help , ask me .
Been making for a long time.

Important is not a technical thing  .. can make better later.
Most needed is a strong feeling want this plane and motivation to do.

• Thanks 1