Visuals Got WORSE since Update(s)

My System has not changed a whole lot, still running the following

Ryzen 7 - 3700 CPU

ASUS RTX 2060 Super Graphics Card.

The latest USA update has included new areas to look over, for example the Airplane Graveyard in Tucson AZ, I cannot see any of this, nor can I see the other points of interest. Even my MAP selection on the front screen does not show the new points of interest. I looked over some history screenshots and I came across one I took of the Las Vegas strip from a month ago. The latest look does not even compare, lots of missing textures and buildings.

I must confess, I did upgrade a new Monitor around the same time as the World USA Update, its as 32 Inch BenQ 4K monitor, which I have set to run in 2K settings within MSFS2020.

I Keep adjusting Graphics settings trying to get into that HAPPY PLACE, but still not luck. I have the newest drivers from Nvidia and even did a optimize settings with them, not a whole lot of change from what I had set in MSFS.

Any pointers out there on what I should try, or do you need more info on my settings to make a qualified judgement.

Thanks

PDR

Couple things to check. First make sure photogrammetry is on it can get switched off in the updates, also make sure you go and download the USA package from the store. When I updated I thought I had the whole package as I installed the update and hotfix but my son had to download the USA pack as apparently I missed it..Photogrammetry can be found under the Data section of settings.

Also, don’t “optimize settings” in the nvidia geforce exp - this should be disabled. The reason is because it actually reduces your game’s graphics settings so you get better FPS... but you get poorer graphics.

If I were you I’d go through all the settings in MSFS. You’ll probably find some of the sliders have moved down.. and things like photogrammetry disabled.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Couple things to check. First make sure photogrammetry is on it can get switched off in the updates, also make sure you go and download the USA package from the store. When I updated I thought I had the whole package as I installed the update and hotfix but my son had to download the USA pack as apparently I missed it..Photogrammetry can be found under the Data section of settings.

Along with photogrammetry, make sure that the Bing maps info right under it is also enabled. I found after the last update that this was OFF, which made a trip over the Grand Canyon less than grand..:mad:

This what I love about this community, there is always somebody out there that can offer sound advice to work out the problems.

1) Yes the Bings Maps got turned off and of course the photogrammetry was off. I fixed that.

2) When looking around I selected the Eastern Tour and that's when I was presented with that I needed the World Update II: USA from the Marketplace. I downloaded and NOW I see the points of interest on the World Map.

Thanks a bunch Guys, it's like If you decided to go for a walk in the Woods, you always take a Deck of Cards with you.

" If you become lost, first sit down, pull out your deck of cards and start playing Solitare, and in short order, somebody will show up behind you and tell you to place that Red Seven over the Black Eight."

All good now

PDR