Frustrated MSFS2020

I've been leaving MSFS2020 sit for a week while I spent my time in Xplane11.

Just made two perfect flights of 50 miles with a perfect ILS approach.

Decide to try the same flight in 2020.

When I started it up it downloaded the latest1+ Terabyte update.

Loaded up a King Air C90 with the exact flight plan I had in X.

Plane followed the nav course, but offset to the line.

When it came to approach, the plane did the decent but was way off to the left of the runway.

Thought it was the plane, try the A320Neo. Same flight plan same ILS.

followed track to within 20 miles and then suddenly did a dive left and crashed!

Just isn't right...

back to Xplane11

I feel your frustation, been there, done that (crashes etc.)

However, after watching this video, my frustrations are calming down, your mileage may vary, but I think you will enjoy this

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

No matter what you say its all YOUR fault! LOL....J/K....just a bit of MSFS2020 forum humor!

Cheers :)

Ha ha ha Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for. All the buttheads that have to post nothing is wrong with their fltsim its on YOUR end. What's funny now is all the other game companies have had their black friday sales but MSFS2020 didn't drop a cent.

I watched the MSFS documentary last night and I DO appreciate the complexity of building a sim with

the accurate landscape, buildings, weather etc.

I got up this morning and decided to just make a scenic flight, no IFR.

I went to KSEZ and started to fly up Oak creek canyon in the TBM...

Shortly after leveling off and setting the autopilot for alt hold + heading the plane

suddenly took a hard right turn and nose dived to the ground :(

I a former RLP so I know how to fly and airplane.

Scenery is nice, but if the airplane is constantly crashing it takes the fun out of it.

BTW, I have a new Dell computer with 64 gig of RAM and an i9 processor.. not the computers fault.

This is all fake news ! This sim is perfect. Get some lysol and clean it .

LOL

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Ha ha ha Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for. All the buttheads that have to post nothing is wrong with their fltsim its on YOUR end. What's funny now is all the other game companies have had their black friday sales but MSFS2020 didn't drop a cent.

Jeepers, what a fine way for a newcomer to introduce themself to a new forum group. And howdy to you good sir too, and the horse you rode in on.

It is NOT common for folks who are experiencing NO problems with any product on Earth to seek out forums to share their issues. Mostly you will find those who start off with an issue and are seeking guidance. Over a MILLION copies of MSFS 2020 are already out there in the public's hands. It does seem to me anyway that the number of fellow flight sim game players with serious woes is greatly under that number?

Me? I've been with MS flight sims since the early 80's, have a mid-low tier desktop PC, did have to upgrade a few components due to the PC stresses this game generates and have honestly never had a CTD or issue that didn't get fixed by MY learning how to operate the game's controls.

YES there ARE bugs that still need resolution, and YES I do believe Asobo will resolve them in relatively short order. Also YES, they released it early to gain user feedback and help finding and isolating those very bugs with our valuable input as a million strong group of Beta testers.

So choose your course of action and response and carry on. But please remember that "It's only a game".... a game you CAN try out for just a dollar and can buy for about $60. Cut it some slack, Jack.

Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

The same folks remain the perpetually disgruntled! They either don't even own the product and hope it fails so they can claim it still isn't as good as FS98, or they just refuse to learn how it works and choose to constantly complain instead of learn!

BTW, name calling really demonstrates your esteemed perspective!

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Frustrated YES

When i first downloaded software i got 2 flights in on the Cessna 152.

!st update things changed and could not fly Cessna 152.

2nd update things really changed and then removed and replaced software and could not fly and lost 10 airplanes.

3rd update could not get into program.

Contacted Xbox.com /refunds yesterday and talked to a fellow for a refund. After about 1/2 hour the refund page was not working. So far the refund page does not work.

I have been flying flt sim's for years and when i saw MSFS2020 i bought a new computer and a honeycomb yoke.

All i want is for a simple aircraft to fly without problems and this should be no problem. Shame on you developers for producing a substandard product.

You people who are flying i wish i could be with you'll.

That is well said. I've deleted it and reinstalled it twice...I still don't have a drone camera or the 787 Dreamliner. No its not in the list to download. I am amazed by the sheer number of "bugs" this software has in it. I've flown it some but I just don't care for it. Maybe Asobo will do something to catch my attention at some point but for now its a hangar queen!

Cheers :)

Aaron

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with this sim. It's the way you fly the planes, your controller is not calibrated, your internet connection is not fast enough, your new super duper I9 computer with 48GB of fast ram is just not good enough, it crashes to desktop only when you bad mouth it....... And when Father Christmas drops down your chimney on the 25th it will all be put right.

Geoff

The same grumpy perpetually disgruntled still keep posting about the product instead of taking the time to learn how to use it. If you don't like it, just use a different product and allow the rest of us to enjoy it. You obviously don't want any help, why keep taunting those that like it!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Fully agree, I got it from the start through the X-Box deal. Tried it from the start, loved it from the start.

Went through all the patches, experienced total loss of the sim, retrieved 2 planes, had to reinstall all over, went through the 'slow download' script, full download took a full week's 24/24 active PC. The latest US Patch mysteriously downloaded 'full speed' My system can best be compared with 'a tub of quicksand' my 500GB SSD is full with FSX SE with all add-ons. So my MSFS is on my overcrowded, fully fragmented 1TB HDD from 10 years back..... Funny thing is that allthough the C-152 is the only plane that is flying more or less stable the whole program has never worked as good is it is now. Due to lack of space I fly with KB and mouse only. I can now make realistic centreline flared landings with C-152. The real incredible thing has been that I never had one single CTD since installing it. Now Microsoft/X_Box has raised the monthly price to EUR 9,99 so I'm ending my subscription in order to save $$ for a MSFS compatible system. I'm happy with the experience sofar, I have saved it in the numerous 'notepad' files I made for myself for future reference. Of course I will follow all the news and posts that will become available, but for now it's back to my FSX SE (and FS9 and FS8 .........) I expect within a year MSFS will be as stable as FSX and I hope to have a capable system at that time to enjoy it.........

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

The same grumpy perpetually disgruntled still keep posting about the product instead of taking the time to learn how to use it. If you don't like it, just use a different product and allow the rest of us to enjoy it. You obviously don't want any help, why keep taunting those that like it!

Maybe it's because we want those that develop this thing to read how we feel about it. Like everyone else, I want it to work, but just look at the number of posts today alone from people who find that it doesn't work. @plainsman please stop butting in on other peoples conversations, it works for you ok, go play with it then, and refrain from judging the rest of us.

Geoff

I have been doing flight sims for 25+ years and I agree, maybe too much reflexive criticism. How about gratitude and appreciation, and looking forward to what is to come (some Buddhist-type thinking). I have excitement about it. I did have to upgrade my joystick as my Microsoft Sidewinder was a mess (to a Thrustmast T Flight HOTAS 1 which works great). I like the idea that I learn new things and am working on "optimizing" it continuously).

Micro Center Power Spec 434 ($1600 plus extended warranty): Intel I7-9700K, Zotac NVidia RTX 2070 Super Mini, G Skill Ripjaw 32GB DDR4-3600 RAM; 1TB NVMe SSD (added a second 1 TB SSD), CPU cooler/lights, 27 inch curved AOC C27G1 monitor. Also have 2011 Alienware M17X-R3 laptop with FSX with lots of 3rd party scenery installed.

There is a difference in constructive criticism and just bashing the program. The former finds specific issues and seeks to resolve that issue. The latter just erroneously claims "it doesn't work". Once again two of the problems seem to relate back to using addons. I do think it was a mistake to have both legacy and modern options as this just creates unneeded confusion. Nonetheless, if you keep it simple and refrain from adding material that may introduce flaws, you can fly aircraft over detail that is far beyond the revelation in any other product. If you want study level airliners, it isn't there yet, but as mentioned above, maybe some fair appreciation for what has been delivered is due. In the mean time, if you want study level airliners, get Prepar3d or FSX and purchase them. At 35,000 feet, the scenery won't be missed as much. But if you want to explore the world, nothing comes remotely close to what you can obtain in MSFS. Jump in the Robin and take it up to 5,000 feet and see the world, places you can never travel. Fly the Diamond 40s and the Baron. They all work.

There is a difference in constructive criticism and just bashing the program. The former finds specific issues and seeks to resolve that issue. The latter just erroneously claims "it doesn't work". Once again two of the problems seem to relate back to using addons. I do think it was a mistake to have both legacy and modern options as this just creates unneeded confusion. Nonetheless, if you keep it simple and refrain from adding material that may introduce flaws, you can fly aircraft over detail that is far beyond the revelation in any other product. If you want study level airliners, it isn't there yet, but as mentioned above, maybe some fair appreciation for what has been delivered is due. In the mean time, if you want study level airliners, get Prepar3d or FSX and purchase them. At 35,000 feet, the scenery won't be missed as much. But if you want to explore the world, nothing comes remotely close to what you can obtain in MSFS. Jump in the Robin and take it up to 5,000 feet and see the world, places you can never travel. Fly the Diamond 40s and the Baron. They all work.

Well said. Good job.